antenna extension

Hi all
Live in a basement apartment, have wireless on the street. I have no
reception in the apartment but soon as I go up the stairs to the street, its
great. I would like to buy a wireless card for my PC Desktop so I can remote
the antenna up to the window to get reception. Any suggestions.
Rob
4 answers Last reply
More about antenna extension

    "Rob Darrah" <robdarrah@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Live in a basement apartment, have wireless on the street. I have no
    > reception in the apartment but soon as I go up the stairs to the street,
    > its
    > great. I would like to buy a wireless card for my PC Desktop so I can
    > remote
    > the antenna up to the window to get reception. Any suggestions.
    > Rob

    How about a USB wireless adaptor with a 10 foot extension cable. Gives you
    15 feet from computer to window.

    --
    Bob Alston

    bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

    ---

    buy a wireless access point that has bridge mode and stick it where-ever you
    want within 100 meters of your computer and run some cat5(e) network cable
    to it and simply plug it into your nic card.

    "Rob Darrah" <robdarrah@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Live in a basement apartment, have wireless on the street. I have no
    > reception in the apartment but soon as I go up the stairs to the street,
    its
    > great. I would like to buy a wireless card for my PC Desktop so I can
    remote
    > the antenna up to the window to get reception. Any suggestions.
    > Rob

    Rob Darrah <robdarrah@rogers.com> wrote:
    > Live in a basement apartment, have wireless on the street. I have no
    > reception in the apartment but soon as I go up the stairs to the street, its
    > great. I would like to buy a wireless card for my PC Desktop so I can remote
    > the antenna up to the window to get reception. Any suggestions.

    USB Wireless adapters let you move 5 meters from PC to adapter. With
    active cables, you can extend that further.
    The USB-Minis have been on sale with rebates for around $10, and include a
    three meter cable.
    I have the D-Link DWL-122. You can even mount it in a coffee can for
    better reception, if you are shooting for a particular hot spot.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=175

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q105513C8

    --
    ---

    Rob Darrah <robdarrah@rogers.com> wrote:
    > Live in a basement apartment, have wireless on the street. I have no
    > reception in the apartment but soon as I go up the stairs to the street,
    > its
    > great. I would like to buy a wireless card for my PC Desktop so I can
    > remote
    > the antenna up to the window to get reception. Any suggestions.

    USB Wireless adapters let you move 5 meters from PC to adapter. With
    active cables, you can extend that further.
    The USB-Minis have been on sale with rebates for around $10, and include a
    three meter cable.
    I have the D-Link DWL-122. You can even mount it in a coffee can for
    better reception, if you are shooting for a particular hot spot.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=175

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q105513C8

    --
    ---
    Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8

    > With active cables, you can extend that further.

    Can you explain this a bit further?

    Bob

    ---

Wireless Extension Internet Wireless Networking