In the continuing effort to speed up my computer, I wrote down and
investigated all the processes which are listed in Task Manager. Still have
a question about two of them: gcasDTserv.exe and gcasserv.exe. Both belong
to Microsoft Anti-spyware software. Are they both required?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

AntiSpyware questions:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

"M Weiss" <m2weiss@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In the continuing effort to speed up my computer, I wrote down and
> investigated all the processes which are listed in Task Manager. Still
> have a question about two of them: gcasDTserv.exe and gcasserv.exe. Both
> belong to Microsoft Anti-spyware software. Are they both required?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:WN-dnQgUqN0OEN3fRVn-gw@comcast.com,
M Weiss <m2weiss@comcast.net> had this to say:

> In the continuing effort to speed up my computer, I wrote down and
> investigated all the processes which are listed in Task Manager.
> Still have a question about two of them: gcasDTserv.exe and
> gcasserv.exe. Both belong to Microsoft Anti-spyware software. Are
> they both required?

Yes if you want real time protection.

Galen