ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hello everyone,

I have an AMD 2100+ cpu and an ABIT KX7 333 mother board.

Tonight I added a new cpu cooler, Arctic Cooling Copper silent, to help adding it I took the motherboard out of the case and fitted it, (takes more time but is a peace of pie to-do.

Problem is once I put it all back together again and turned it on the pc fires up then turns off after about 2 seconds. I've messed around with all the connections and still it didn't work. I then took the motherboard (again) out of it's case with just the cpu and cooler on it wired it up to a PSU but still it fired up then turned off after 2 seconds.

I've damaged either the cpu or motherboard. Apart from buying one of them at a time and working out what one is faulty is there anything else I can do?

I'm pretty cheesed off to say the least, I did wear an earth strap. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hello,

I've solved the problem. I found plugging in my old heatsink and fan made the system run fine again!!!

I'll just kill the protection.

Thanks to you all for pointing me in that direction.

Very much appreciated.

Cheers

Greg