Window XP will jam after few seconds loading it

My windows has been encountering this problem even though i had reformatted
my PC 3 times in 3 months already.This will occur after few weeks
reformatting it.There will be no symptoms of my PC is operating abnormally
before it jams the next time i boot window XP as this just occur
unexpectedly.Currently i am unable to operate my window XP.Worst is that,my
PC will sometimes jam even in safe mode too.There are no spyware and viruses
in my PC as my protection is always on and i am a cautious user.Can anyone
tell me wad is the cause of this?Your help will be much appreciated.Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about window seconds loading

    Francis Constantine wrote:
    > My windows has been encountering this problem even though i had reformatted
    > my PC 3 times in 3 months already.This will occur after few weeks
    > reformatting it.There will be no symptoms of my PC is operating abnormally
    > before it jams the next time i boot window XP as this just occur
    > unexpectedly.Currently i am unable to operate my window XP.Worst is that,my
    > PC will sometimes jam even in safe mode too.There are no spyware and viruses
    > in my PC as my protection is always on and i am a cautious user.Can anyone
    > tell me wad is the cause of this?Your help will be much appreciated.Thanks!

    What, specifically, do you mean by "jam?" I'm afraid that the term
    makes no sense in the context of computers, unless you're talking about
    a CD drive's tray not ejecting or retracting properly.

    What specific error messages do you get? What do your system event logs
    report? What changes, if any, did you make to the computer's hardware
    or software configuration immediately prior to the onset of the problem?
    What specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken, and what
    were the results of each?

    No one can help if you don't provide at least a modicum of information.

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Otherwise, you might as well try here:

    Psychic Friends Network
    (800) 592-7827

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:41:02 -0800, "Francis Constantine" <Francis
    Constantine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My windows has been encountering this problem even though i had reformatted
    >my PC 3 times in 3 months already.This will occur after few weeks
    >reformatting it.There will be no symptoms of my PC is operating abnormally
    >before it jams the next time i boot window XP as this just occur
    >unexpectedly.Currently i am unable to operate my window XP.Worst is that,my
    >PC will sometimes jam even in safe mode too.There are no spyware and viruses
    >in my PC as my protection is always on and i am a cautious user.Can anyone
    >tell me wad is the cause of this?Your help will be much appreciated.Thanks!

    b4 reformatting that often, you suggest it's a drive problem. Try running a
    FULL scan of the drives b4 re-formatting.
    There just may be too many bad sectors on the drive to make formatting of
    any use.

Microsoft Windows XP