Kezz

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
I got a Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.04 Mobo here not working. The board powers up, but I dont hear a beep and I'm not getting any VGA single. I tried 3 or 4 AGP card, and I tried several different sticks on DDR ram. I have also reset the CMOS and I still cant it to work. I'm not sure what to do other than return it.. What else could I try to fix it? Thanks, Brian

Aim: Kezzerxir

rcj187

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
how do you know hat the board is powering up? are the fans spinning? do the drives initialise? do you get any beeps?
you could try a pci graphics card if you got one. did it ever work or was it dead out of the box? if it used to work what did you do/change before it stopped?

andy655321

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2002
If you call ASUS, they will tell you to:
Take the board out of case, put it on a peice of cardboard or something (NO METAL) hook up ONLY speakers, processor, heatsink and fan. If you get NO voice POST, then try clearing CMOS again, make sure that no power is going to system board (unplug from power supply), remove battery, and use jumpers to clear. If that doesn't work, its a bad board. RMA it. Seems like they have got a LOT of those boards that are bad. Anyhow, hope that helps.