  • Taskbar
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 23, 2005 11:04:13 AM

My Task Bar went to three lines, and I can't reduce it to two. How can I do
that?

--
____________________
Bill DeShawn

More about : line taskbar

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:08:26 PM

Right click the taskbar then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.

Move your cursor over the edge of the taskbar until it becomes a
double-headed arrow.

Left click and drag down to the single or double height.

Right click the taskbar then click Lock the Taskbar.

Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o AD%237H8LFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted and
pecked:
> My Task Bar went to three lines, and I can't reduce it to two. How
> can I do that?
>
> --
> ____________________
> Bill DeShawn
> Please reply to group only
> Thank you
> http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:08:27 PM

Task bar is already unlocked.

--
____________________

> Right click the taskbar then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.
>
> Move your cursor over the edge of the taskbar until it becomes a
> double-headed arrow.
>
> Left click and drag down to the single or double height.
>
> Right click the taskbar then click Lock the Taskbar.
>
> Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
> again.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o AD%237H8LFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted and
> pecked:
> > My Task Bar went to three lines, and I can't reduce it to two. How
> > can I do that?
> >
> > --
> > ____________________
> > Bill DeShawn
> > Please reply to group only
> > Thank you
> > http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

March 23, 2005 2:03:28 PM

In news:u3Y8OD9LFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted and
pecked:
> Task bar is already unlocked.
>
> --
> ____________________
> Bill DeShawn
> Please reply to group only
> Thank you
> http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

>> Right click the taskbar then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.
>>
>> Move your cursor over the edge of the taskbar until it becomes a
>> double-headed arrow.
>>
>> Left click and drag down to the single or double height.
>>
>> Right click the taskbar then click Lock the Taskbar.
>>
>> Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is
>> cleared again.
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:o AD%237H8LFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>> Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> hunted
>> and pecked:
>>> My Task Bar went to three lines, and I can't reduce it to two. How
>>> can I do that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> ____________________
>>> Bill DeShawn
>>> Please reply to group only
>>> Thank you
>>> http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 10:32:40 PM

Hi,
I've fixed this when students managed to make the taskbar twice it's normal
height, but it wasn't locked- it just wouldn't resize. I wish I could
remember exactly what I did.

The fix involved moving and resizing the Quicklaunch bar in every way
possible until, finally, the taskbar would return to it's regular size.

Next time I'll take notes. <G>

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office" <bdeshawn[at]nospam.net> wrote in
message news:o AD%237H8LFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> My Task Bar went to three lines, and I can't reduce it to two. How can I
do
> that?

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:02:16 AM

Been there. Done that. It doesn't work. The double arrow appears, but the
bar remains at 3 lines. It will not reduce. Well, It's actually two. It
looks like three because the clock shows three lines. One for the hour and
minutes, one for the day of the week, and one for the date. But there is no
reason, even if I don't show the clock, the taskbar and quick launch bar...
wait a minute. This conversation prompted me to try something. The
quick-launch bar and the task bar did not want to share the same space. I
worked with that for a while and got it working. As soon as I did that, I
was able to reduce the task bar size. Thanks for your help.

--

!