xp home and limited accounts

Ok, can anyone direct me to a site that easily explains how to set up a
limited account for a child, where they won't have access to certain programs
on the desktop but the admin account will?

If this is even possible....thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about home limited accounts

    Open the Help and Support Center (Start>Help and Support) and enter 'limited
    user account'
    You should see two items in the Search Results (left pane). Choose 'Types
    of User Accounts' and then expand 'Limited Account' on the right. Review
    this to ensure this is what you want. Then....

    At the bottom of the Search Results (left pane) should be 15 Full-text
    Search matches. Click on this tab and select number 9, 'Add a New User to
    the Computer'.

    Gmesgrl2000 wrote:
    > Ok, can anyone direct me to a site that easily explains how to set up a
    > limited account for a child, where they won't have access to certain programs
    > on the desktop but the admin account will?
    >
    > If this is even possible....thanks.

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
    to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

    Protect Your PC

    For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
    3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

    You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
    solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
    of live parental supervision.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: