xp home and limited accounts

March 23, 2005 4:35:03 PM

Ok, can anyone direct me to a site that easily explains how to set up a
limited account for a child, where they won't have access to certain programs
on the desktop but the admin account will?

If this is even possible....thanks.

More about : home limited accounts

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 6:27:15 PM

Open the Help and Support Center (Start>Help and Support) and enter 'limited
user account'
You should see two items in the Search Results (left pane). Choose 'Types
of User Accounts' and then expand 'Limited Account' on the right. Review
this to ensure this is what you want. Then....

At the bottom of the Search Results (left pane) should be 15 Full-text
Search matches. Click on this tab and select number 9, 'Add a New User to
the Computer'.

"Gmesgrl2000" <Gmesgrl2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, can anyone direct me to a site that easily explains how to set up a
> limited account for a child, where they won't have access to certain
> programs
> on the desktop but the admin account will?
>
> If this is even possible....thanks.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:38:15 PM

Gmesgrl2000 wrote:
> Ok, can anyone direct me to a site that easily explains how to set up a
> limited account for a child, where they won't have access to certain programs
> on the desktop but the admin account will?
>
> If this is even possible....thanks.

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

Protect Your PC

For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
of live parental supervision.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: