startac

sanjay

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004

After losing my LG phone somewhere, I purchased a startac off ebay. Its not
bad, but I can't seem to get the Txt msging working. I read online that the
startac can only receive and not send out. If i upgrade the firmware, then
it will work supposedly. Is this true?

Thanks,
Sanjay

In article <40d86e16.0@news.syr.edu>, Sanjay <johnsmith22@yahoo.com> wrote:
>After losing my LG phone somewhere, I purchased a startac off ebay. Its not
>bad, but I can't seem to get the Txt msging working. I read online that the
>startac can only receive and not send out. If i upgrade the firmware, then
>it will work supposedly. Is this true?

Right. The last software revision (7654, I believe) added two-way text
messaging (I have two of them). Assuming that your favorite VZW store
still has the software and cables to do the upgrade.

hoch@exemplary.invalid (CharlesH) wrote in message news:<cb9u4412t0r@news3.newsguy.com>...
> In article <40d86e16.0@news.syr.edu>, Sanjay <johnsmith22@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >After losing my LG phone somewhere, I purchased a startac off ebay. Its not
> >bad, but I can't seem to get the Txt msging working. I read online that the
> >startac can only receive and not send out. If i upgrade the firmware, then
> >it will work supposedly. Is this true?
>
> Right. The last software revision (7654, I believe) added two-way text
> messaging (I have two of them). Assuming that your favorite VZW store
> still has the software and cables to do the upgrade.

Without T-9 or the Motorola equivalent text entry shortcut software,
it's painfully slow to enter text on the Startac.