trouble about compatibility in asus p4s533x

ndee

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
guys.. i need help...
my comp. spec: asus p4s533x with intel P4 2,4B memori 512 DDR display card with pixelview geForce 4 MX 440... and i install win XP...
and i have trouble that my computer are always restarting but not always every time i use it...
i play a game like hitman and splinter cell... after 1 hour or later my computer restart... and after restart i play winamp and it restart again.... after that i work with photoshop and the computer is OK...
i dont understand that...
please if someone can help me with this problem...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Those types of problems are usually caused by bad power or bad RAM. Sometimes they are caused by overheating. I suggest you run some benchmarks like SiSoft Sandra or membench or memtest86, etc, and locallize the problem.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

ndee

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
Thanks Crashman...
but i've done that (burn in wizard with SiSoft Sandra) 10 times continue and there is no problem... no restart and no crash... and if the problem is the power... what should i do to test it?? and what should i do to fix it??
and if the problem is the DDR... what should i do to??

Thanks and i wait for reply...

Newbie in this world...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Asus has a utility for checking the voltages, called Asus Probe. It came with your board. While the temps in Probe are notoriously inaccurate, the voltages are usually close enough.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>