From 98 to Home XP, appl cannot find internet connection

Todd

I recently upgraded from 98 to XP Home edition. I can open IE6 and surf the
web but when I try to use a hyperlink to the net I get a message saying it
can't find an internet connection. (i.e. click to "activate" XP or for an
application to look for an update.)

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Go to Start->Run->type appwiz.cpl to go to Add/Remove Programs->Add/Remove
Windows Components->uninstall the Internet Explorer->Restart your computer
then go back to the same place reinstall the IE, see if it works...

"Todd" wrote:

> I recently upgraded from 98 to XP Home edition. I can open IE6 and surf the
> web but when I try to use a hyperlink to the net I get a message saying it
> can't find an internet connection. (i.e. click to "activate" XP or for an
> application to look for an update.)
>
> Is there a setting I'm missing?

Todd

Thank you for trying but it did not work. Any other thoughts?

"Canice" wrote:

> Go to Start->Run->type appwiz.cpl to go to Add/Remove Programs->Add/Remove
> Windows Components->uninstall the Internet Explorer->Restart your computer
> then go back to the same place reinstall the IE, see if it works...
>
> "Todd" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded from 98 to XP Home edition. I can open IE6 and surf the
> > web but when I try to use a hyperlink to the net I get a message saying it
> > can't find an internet connection. (i.e. click to "activate" XP or for an
> > application to look for an update.)
> >
> > Is there a setting I'm missing?

maybe i can do a remote assistance for you...u have msn?

my msn is dimitri_can@hotmail.com