On my desktop, I cannot view a 1394 Connection

On my desktop, I cannot view a 1394 Connection
In Control Panel, when I click Network Connections, I view Local Area
Connection 2.
Type---LAN or High-Speed Internet
Status---Connected, Firewalled
Device Name---Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller.
I cannot view my 1394 Connection {Network Bridge}
I have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router Model WRT54G
I'm using a Dell 4700C Desktop and a Thinkpad Laptop
I want to setup a Network so I can transfer files from my Desktop to my
Laptop.
Thank you for your help,
meadow

What you want to do is set up a home network
http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
peterk