Nortons 2005 Protects All User Accounts ?

Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into my user
account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed in? Or
will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.

In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs with
the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons". (At
least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a program
you are using.

Modem Ani

"MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into my
user
> account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed in?
Or
> will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry, yes, I mean Norton 2005. Windows XP
Home, brand new computer.

Thanks again...hope I replied better for you to help me out.

"Modem Ani" wrote:

> I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.
>
> In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs with
> the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons". (At
> least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a program
> you are using.
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into my
> user
> > account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed in?
> Or
> > will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

I want to know, will Norton scan when the other users of my computer are
signed on? OR will it only do so when I am signed in, due to me setting it
up? Wanting to make sure my computer is proted when being used by other
users on my computer. Thanks again,

"Modem Ani" wrote:

> I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.
>
> In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs with
> the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons". (At
> least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a program
> you are using.
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into my
> user
> > account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed in?
> Or
> > will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

Norton 2005 is not the full name of the product

Have you contacted Symantec technical support with your question about their
product?

> Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry, yes, I mean Norton 2005. Windows XP
> Home, brand new computer.
>
> Thanks again...hope I replied better for you to help me out.
>
> "Modem Ani" wrote:
>
> > I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
> > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.
> >
> > In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs
with
> > the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons".
(At
> > least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a
program
> > you are using.
> >
> > Modem Ani
> >
> > "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into
my
> > user
> > > account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed
in?
> > Or
> > > will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

Hummm, ok...never mind...I thought this was where I could get answers from
experienced XP users if you were a new user of Windows XP needing to ask
questions. <Discussions in Windows XP New Users>

All I want to know is if each user is protected by Norton when they are
signed in.

Thanks for trying to help.

"Modem Ani" wrote:

> Norton 2005 is not the full name of the product
>
> Have you contacted Symantec technical support with your question about their
> product?
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry, yes, I mean Norton 2005. Windows XP
> > Home, brand new computer.
> >
> > Thanks again...hope I replied better for you to help me out.
> >
> > "Modem Ani" wrote:
> >
> > > I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
> > > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.
> > >
> > > In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs
> with
> > > the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons".
> (At
> > > least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a
> program
> > > you are using.
> > >
> > > Modem Ani
> > >
> > > "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my
> > > user
> in?
> > > Or

Seeing as how Symantec has more that a few products that are in the Norton
2005 category you really did not ask a competent question.

What product are you talking about - specifically?

Someone else already pointed this out to you but it went over your head.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> Hummm, ok...never mind...I thought this was where I could get answers from
> experienced XP users if you were a new user of Windows XP needing to ask
> questions. <Discussions in Windows XP New Users>
>
> All I want to know is if each user is protected by Norton when they are
> signed in.
>
> Thanks for trying to help.
>

> "Modem Ani" wrote:
>
>> Norton 2005 is not the full name of the product
>>
>> Have you contacted Symantec technical support with your question about
>> their
>> product?
>>
>> Modem Ani
>>
>> "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry, yes, I mean Norton 2005. Windows
>> > XP
>> > Home, brand new computer.
>> >
>> > Thanks again...hope I replied better for you to help me out.

>> with
>> (At
>> program

>> my
>> in?

I assume that you are asking about Norton AntiVirus either standalone or as
a part of Norton SystemWorks since that is the Symantec tool most familiar
to folks. As the others have said, however, Symantec produces a half a
dozen Norton products that scan the system, not only for viruses, but also
or registry errors, etc.

When you run the antivirus program and select Scan My Computer, it means
'your computer.' As I recall, you have to have administrator rights to
install the program and as far as I know a virus scan is without regards to
users.

>I want to know, will Norton scan when the other users of my computer are
> signed on? OR will it only do so when I am signed in, due to me setting it
> up? Wanting to make sure my computer is proted when being used by other
> users on my computer. Thanks again,
>
> "Modem Ani" wrote:
>
>> I believe this is a question for Symantec technical support:
>> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html.
>>
>> In future, please be more specific, since there are several programs with
>> the name "Norton" that perform scans, and no program called "Nortons".
>> (At
>> least, not to my knowledge.) Also, please indicate what version of a
>> program
>> you are using.
>>
>> Modem Ani
>>
>> "MZ Vinsel" <MZVinsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Set up my Norton to scan each day at a certain time. Was signed into my
>> user
>> > account <Admin>. Does this mean that it will only scan if I am signed
>> > in?
>> Or
>> > will it also scan if my users are signed in? TIA

TRENDING THREADS