Help

G

I have a newer hp laptop, and when I try to get in Bios it asks for a password. I dont remember putting one in, alas I still tried all the passwords I normally use-nothing. I called HP and they want me to send system in. I cannot do this because I use it on a day to day basis for work. Does anyone Know how I can get past this. I cannot remove battery because I dont know where it would be located plus Im a little leary of pulling it apart because of the warranty. I tried rebooting holding down the insert key to clear bios but it didnt work, just gave me the keyboard error beep. Thanks

You can judge a character of a man by his hobbies

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
If it really is your laptop and you do use it on a day to day basis your kinda screwed. Unless you want to pull it apart to remove that battery or just send it in to techsupport.

:cool: <b>Change the sig of the week!</b> :cool:
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!!

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
I'm assuming that he can't access the computer because of a bios password. Well actually I'm assuming that it really isn't his and he's just trying to crack someones bios password to do god knows what.

G

WOW! Do we have some paranoid people here. #1 a bios password will not keep you from getting into the operating system. The bios password's function is to keep other people from doing harm to your system settings.#2The Laptop is mine provided to me from work-Springfield Armory. #3 The reason i need into bios is I'm trying to install NT 4, I want to switch boot devices from Floppy to CD. If you need to confirm the laptop is mine before you offer assistance phone# is 309-944-8926. Or if your intentions were not to help at all, and only to find topics where you could put in your expertise in spotting out all the notebook thieves, than alas your job is done you almost had me, and you can feel good the rest of the day and tell your mommy " Hey mom I'm a computer genius, I was able to answer a forum in the real world " And her being unawre of how stupid you really are. As you can see I'm a little pissed. I come into work this morning hoping someone has had this problem before and could help me, not to open the forum to find out I've been accused of being a thief. Before you people call someone a thief maybe you should know them first. Terry Cornwell

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Well actually you can setup a bios password to block access to the computer at all. And most of the time people posting wanting a bios crack are from thieves. So just create some damn boot disk and install nt4 off of a floppy or just send the it in to hp. Your a flippin moron.

G

I never thought of that, making a boot disk and installing from it. Thankyou. That is what forums are for - HELP. If you feel someone is doing somthing they shouldnt than just dont help them. You lower your integrity when you call them names, and or accuse them of somthing. Example, you dont even know me yet you've called me a thief and a moron, now that upsets me but what can I do? Hit my keyboard real hard? Call you names back? I choose to do neither. And if you feel bad with all the name calling just apologize, I realize [-peep-] happens, and I'll accept. We can just forget the whole mess and go on. TC

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
LOL!!
You pissed this guy off.
Think you owe him an apology, too!!!

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

G

Apology accepted. Thankyou. I also apologize for the unaware of being stupid comment. TC