Access 95 with xp?

We are using Office 2000, but have a large database that was created in
Access 95. I tried to convert it when we upgraded, but it wouldn't work
so we have kept Access 95 on our computers. Access 95 installation is on
diskettes. I tried to run the installation disks on a computer with xp
home service pack 1 (have not installed the service pack 2 yet) and the
installation would not run.

Does anyone know if I can install this with xp and if so, what steps do
I need to do?
Thank you.

--
nancyd
3 answers Last reply

    Try installing it using the Compatibility Wizard.

    How to use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301911

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "nancyd" wrote:

    | We are using Office 2000, but have a large database that was created in
    | Access 95. I tried to convert it when we upgraded, but it wouldn't work
    | so we have kept Access 95 on our computers. Access 95 installation is on
    | diskettes. I tried to run the installation disks on a computer with xp
    | home service pack 1 (have not installed the service pack 2 yet) and the
    | installation would not run.
    |
    | Does anyone know if I can install this with xp and if so, what steps do
    | I need to do?
    | Thank you.
    | --
    | nancyd

    Nancy

    I understand that you have tried to convert it.. below is a URL.. did you
    follow this procedure?..

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051863781033.aspx

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "nancyd" <nancyd.1mesdm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > We are using Office 2000, but have a large database that was created in
    > Access 95. I tried to convert it when we upgraded, but it wouldn't work
    > so we have kept Access 95 on our computers. Access 95 installation is on
    > diskettes. I tried to run the installation disks on a computer with xp
    > home service pack 1 (have not installed the service pack 2 yet) and the
    > installation would not run.
    >
    > Does anyone know if I can install this with xp and if so, what steps do
    > I need to do?
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --
    > nancyd