Abit IC7
3.0c
AIW R9700 Pro
an Antec case with truepower 430 watt
120gb WD
some sony 16x dvd drive
some sony floppy
2x512mb kingston hyperx pc3500 ram
some cheap belkin nci card, which I only put in the PCI slot but didn't connect the power cable(where the heck is the power for the pci device on this board anyways~!)

I tried my best t put them together and when I try to boot up, it will keep giving off this "bee-boo-bee-boo" sound non-stop then after 5 sec or so it will shut down. Damn it! What is wrong!? Could it be that I connected the cables wrong or something? I connected that really thick cable from the PSU to the motherboard. Then connected the fans to the cables with "FAN ONLY", and I connected the 9700 pro to one of the cables, and then at the other to the harddrive. The board comes with round cables. I connected the floppy one to the floppy and then to the mobo, this I did correctly. I also connected the IDE cable to the DVD drive(master end) to the HD(slave) then to the motherboard's 1st IDE slot. Can anybody help me!? I didn't set any jumpers for the HDD because I don't know how to nor do I know where are they! Somebody help me! This rig cost me 2k and it would suck to not being able to run it :(

Sorry I don't mean to spam all the forums but I REALLY NEED HELP :(

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
Couple of possibilities. The motherboard might be shorting against the back of the case. Check the cleareance between the standoffs and mobo and case. Gfx card is seated inproperly. Make sure that its in all the way and the power is connected right. CPU is seated inproperly but In this case im not sure. Im not familiar with the bee boo bee boo POST. Short beeps is memory and long one is gfx card or other peripheral, which is why I think something may be wrong with your proc. Also try to run it in barebones with just 1 stick of memory, gfx card and proc

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>