DVD/CD burning software

March 25, 2005 2:58:49 AM

I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but I
don't think it is the full version.
I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted movied
on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and copy regular
CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but when I looked at all
the available ones, there is no way I knew what they were all for. There
was no desription.
Thanks.

More about : dvd burning software

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:15:04 AM

PattiChati wrote:
> I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but
> I don't think it is the full version.
> I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted
> movied on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and
> copy regular CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but
> when I looked at all the available ones, there is no way I knew what
> they were all for. There was no desription.

Movie Question..

DVD Shrink
http://www.dvdshrink.org/

An application that takes advantage of the Built In capabilities of Windows
XP:

ISO Recorder:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorder...

More full function applications (free) for CD/DVD burning would be:

DeepBurner Free
http://www.deepburner.com/

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Read more on the built-in capabilities of Windows XP:

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

--
<- Shenan ->
March 25, 2005 5:31:54 AM

In news:o 9AoYdPMFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> respectfully replied ;-)

http://www.dvdidle.com/

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/software_tools.htm
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

I have only had the time to use DVDShrink once but it worked great. I tried
to backup a number of my DVDs using my DVD Player - DVD Recorder machines
connected to my TV unsucessfully. The copyright protect on most DVDs blocked
my being able to record. DVDShrink did not have that problem. The program
also gives you the ability to remove features that you don't need or want
like the French and Spanish language versions. I can't believe such a good
program is free.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> PattiChati wrote:
> > I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but
> > I don't think it is the full version.
> > I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted
> > movied on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and
> > copy regular CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but
> > when I looked at all the available ones, there is no way I knew what
> > they were all for. There was no desription.
>
> Movie Question..
>
> DVD Shrink
> http://www.dvdshrink.org/
>
> An application that takes advantage of the Built In capabilities of Windows
> XP:
>
> ISO Recorder:
> http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorder...
>
> More full function applications (free) for CD/DVD burning would be:
>
> DeepBurner Free
> http://www.deepburner.com/
>
> CDBurnerXP Pro
> http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
>
> Read more on the built-in capabilities of Windows XP:
>
> Burning CDs in Windows XP
> http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

March 25, 2005 10:04:08 PM

In news:o 9AoYdPMFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but
> I don't think it is the full version.
> I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted
> movied on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and
> copy regular CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but
> when I looked at all the available ones, there is no way I knew what
> they were all for. There was no desription.
> Thanks.

DMCA pretty much killed the rights of the user to copy movies which have
been encrypted with CSS. Full version Nero will not copy protected DVDs. If
it did they'd be sued.

Galen
March 26, 2005 12:54:05 AM

> PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>> I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but
>> I don't think it is the full version.
>> I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted
>> movied on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and
>> copy regular CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but
>> when I looked at all the available ones, there is no way I knew what
>> they were all for. There was no desription.
>> Thanks.

Try newsgroups "alt.video.dvd.software" "alt.video.dvd" and
"alt.video.dvdr". They will have the information you seek.
March 26, 2005 2:17:12 AM

Without trying to sound dumb, how do I get to those newsgroups. I tried
typing their name under newsgroups and that didn't work. I am a novice at
newsgroups and these microsoft ones are the only ones I know how to access.
Thanks.
"K" <name@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> had this to say:
>
>>> I have a DVD/CD burner. I have some sort of Nero on my computer, but
>>> I don't think it is the full version.
>>> I want a software program that will be good for burning copyrighted
>>> movied on DVD's, that is VERY user friendly, but will also burn and
>>> copy regular CDs. I don't know if this is the right newsgroups, but
>>> when I looked at all the available ones, there is no way I knew what
>>> they were all for. There was no desription.
>>> Thanks.
>
> Try newsgroups "alt.video.dvd.software" "alt.video.dvd" and
> "alt.video.dvdr". They will have the information you seek.

March 26, 2005 2:24:39 AM

K wrote:
> Try newsgroups "alt.video.dvd.software" "alt.video.dvd" and
> "alt.video.dvdr". They will have the information you seek.

Or better yet - follow the advice already given earlier with this addition:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

Movie Question..

DVD Shrink
http://www.dvdshrink.org/

An application that takes advantage of the Built In capabilities of Windows
XP:

ISO Recorder:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorder...

More full function applications (free) for CD/DVD burning would be:

DeepBurner Free
http://www.deepburner.com/

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Read more on the built-in capabilities of Windows XP:

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

--
<- Shenan ->
March 26, 2005 2:53:33 AM

In news:%23zUxzqbMFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Without trying to sound dumb, how do I get to those newsgroups. I
> tried typing their name under newsgroups and that didn't work. I am
> a novice at newsgroups and these microsoft ones are the only ones I
> know how to access. Thanks.
> "K" <name@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> PattiChati <PattiChati@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>> Try newsgroups "alt.video.dvd.software" "alt.video.dvd" and
>> "alt.video.dvdr". They will have the information you seek.

Probably??? Add account news.<your ISP>.com/net or alternatively check
Google and click on the Groups button.

Galen