Ok, after I enter my serial key it asks if I want to update setup files.
I do not want to at this time. So I select no.
Then it gives me an error saying
"Setup cannot create a temporary folder. Setup cannot continue"
So I looked around on the net. Clearing temp folders was the only
solution I found. So I cleared my temp folders and to no avail. i still
have the error.
I am using Windows 2000 Professional. Any insight as to how I can
upgrade?

--
Lang14

Might have to reformat.... that's my suggestion....

"Lang14" wrote:

> Ok, after I enter my serial key it asks if I want to update setup files.
> I do not want to at this time. So I select no.
> Then it gives me an error saying
> "Setup cannot create a temporary folder. Setup cannot continue"
> So I looked around on the net. Clearing temp folders was the only
> solution I found. So I cleared my temp folders and to no avail. i still
> have the error.
> I am using Windows 2000 Professional. Any insight as to how I can
> upgrade?
>

> --
> Lang14

Hi,

Are you logged on as admin or with admin privileges?
Disabled AV software?

The error indicates either insufficient space to create the folder, or
insufficient root privileges.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Lang14" <Lang14.1mfppn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Ok, after I enter my serial key it asks if I want to update setup files.
> I do not want to at this time. So I select no.
> Then it gives me an error saying
> "Setup cannot create a temporary folder. Setup cannot continue"
> So I looked around on the net. Clearing temp folders was the only
> solution I found. So I cleared my temp folders and to no avail. i still
> have the error.
> I am using Windows 2000 Professional. Any insight as to how I can
> upgrade?
>

> --
> Lang14

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:10:16 +0000, Lang14 <Lang14.1mfppn@pcbanter.net> wrote:

$0.02: If you're moving up from win2k, you're replacing it with win XP. I would
think update setup files would be a definite YES. Then there's the thing do you
want to run 2 OS or Just XP ?

>Ok, after I enter my serial key it asks if I want to update setup files.
>I do not want to at this time. So I select no.
>Then it gives me an error saying
>"Setup cannot create a temporary folder. Setup cannot continue"
>So I looked around on the net. Clearing temp folders was the only
>solution I found. So I cleared my temp folders and to no avail. i still
>have the error.
>I am using Windows 2000 Professional. Any insight as to how I can
>upgrade?

Are you doing a new installation or upgrade? I found these in a
search. Method 2 may be worth a try.
http://myitforum.techtarget.com/articles/15/view.asp?id=8297