can not access add/remove program option

sanjay

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004

Hi all,

I am getting following error when I try to access add/remove programs opton

Run a DLL as an app has encountered a problem and need to close.

An exception occured while trying to run
c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL C:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

Could some help me

Hi,

Try expanding a new copy of appwiz.cpl if other control panel applets are
working correctly. Start/run msconfig, click on "expand file" (general tab)

File to expand: appwiz.cpl
From: X:\I386
To: C:\Windows\system32

Where X is whatever letter is assigned your CD drive (you need your WinXP CD
for this), change it accordingly. If your system was preinstalled, you may
find this instead on the hard drive under C:\Windows\I386 or simply C:\I386.
If so, change the "from" line accordingly. This assumes a default
installation to C:\Windows. If your installation is in a different folder,
such as C:\Winnt, change the "To" path accordingly. Reboot when finished.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone