AMD Making Money, Sells 6 Million ATI DX11 GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Great, I'd rather see AMD make cash than Intel. But the real DX11 showdown is yet to truly kick off. Can't wait to see how nVidia will position (price) its Fermi line following the release of their first batch. If microeconomics rule then things look really bright for us...

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
AMD is finally giving Nvidia a good run so hopefully, we the consumers could see better products for better prices.

I don't think that AMD will have the resources to put into R&D to actually beat the best Intel CPUs, but I believe if they continue to offer CPUs like the 965, they can take away sales from Intel as most of us can't afford the $300 CPUs.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Great, I'd rather see AMD make cash than Intel. But the real DX11 showdown is yet to truly kick off. Can't wait to see how nVidia will position (price) its Fermi line following the release of their first batch. If microeconomics rule then things look really bright for us...[/citation]
The first batch has already been released. Both the GTX 480 and 470 seem to be hitting their target prices without a problem, $500 and $350 respectively. The real problem is availability, sold out on New Egg before I saw one available...yikes.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]I'm glad their ATI division is making money. Now they need to get their phenom up to par and make Intel run for their money.[/citation]
Good luck it'll be a long time before AMD gives Intel a run for their money.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Maybe AMD can use some of those profits to get some partnerships with game developers like Nvidia does, that way if the competition between the two companies goes back to normal (a big if) at least it'll be fair from the game and tech side.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Woot!

[citation][nom]Diabolix[/nom]Care ? I wont go ATi again! They had something good in the days when they were teamed up with Intel. I realy loved them[/citation]
You talking about crossfire with Intel chipsets?

That still exists, it's better Now if you ask me. There was never an official partnership.

FriendlyFire

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Glad to hear this, their new DX11 GPUs are indeed fantastic. I still love my 5850 :)

Now AMD, step up the drivers please! I have to say it's the only thing I miss from Nvidia, theirs were better designed and had more features. Otherwise, the card's a dream.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]would be interesting to see Nvidias fiscal report...[/citation]

That won't show up on this site unless Nvidia is taking a significant loss. Either that or they just want to post an article with 4 pages of nothing but butthurt.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]Good luck it'll be a long time before AMD gives Intel a run for their money.[/citation]

From a price/performance standpoint, AMD is better than Intel at the sub $160 market. Tom's Hardware says so in their best CPU for the money articles. The main problem AMD has is with the OEMs... even when AMD had the performance edge over Intel (Athlon 64), they still had a low market share because Intel incentivized the OEMs and retailers to push Intel products. Don't forget that the majority of computer users and buyers are uninformed and think the CPU is the big metal box with the power button.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Zinosys[/nom]Yay ATI! I stopped buying nvidia since the Geforce 9s. And I'm glad I sticked with ATi now. 5770 crossfire rocks.[/citation]

I stopped buying nvidia crap when they made their drivers disable the cuda/physx capability on their cards if an ATi product was detected in the system (even just an onboard gpu).

Status
Not open for further replies.