LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would like to put a DVD drive in my old computer, So went I buy the
DVD-rom is their anything else I need to make the DVD-rom work.

You will require a third party program to view dvd movies since the codecs
don't come with Windows.

"Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I would like to put a DVD drive in my old computer, So went I buy the
>DVD-rom is their anything else I need to make the DVD-rom work.

"Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote:

>I would like to put a DVD drive in my old computer, So went I buy the
>DVD-rom is their anything else I need to make the DVD-rom work.

No. The new drive should be detected automatically when you start
Windows for the first time after you installed it.

--
(tm)

LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you very much
"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>I would like to put a DVD drive in my old computer, So went I buy the
>>DVD-rom is their anything else I need to make the DVD-rom work.
>
> No. The new drive should be detected automatically when you start
> Windows for the first time after you installed it.
>
> --
> (tm)

"Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote:

>Thank you very much