folder on desktop on strtup

after installing the software for my Visioneer scanner, the Visioneer program
folder always loads to the desktop when I start the computer.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E8F524B7-8F4B-4621-B840-3A1763E1EAE2@microsoft.com,
ptsnyder <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> after installing the software for my Visioneer scanner, the Visioneer
> program folder always loads to the desktop when I start the computer.

Disable it from starting up with Windows boot with this ONLY if you can't
find out how to disable it using the programs options:

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Galen

Tried the "Startup" program, but Visioneer does not appear in the Startup list

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:E8F524B7-8F4B-4621-B840-3A1763E1EAE2@microsoft.com,
> ptsnyder <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > after installing the software for my Visioneer scanner, the Visioneer
> > program folder always loads to the desktop when I start the computer.
>
> Disable it from starting up with Windows boot with this ONLY if you can't
> find out how to disable it using the programs options:
>
> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Go to Start>Run type 'msconfig' and when the System Configuration Utility
appears, select the Startup tab. You see whether your program is started
from a registry entry or the startup folder. You may see two types of
startup folders, Common Startup and just Startup.

"ptsnyder" <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried the "Startup" program, but Visioneer does not appear in the Startup
> list
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:E8F524B7-8F4B-4621-B840-3A1763E1EAE2@microsoft.com,
>> ptsnyder <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> > after installing the software for my Visioneer scanner, the Visioneer
>> > program folder always loads to the desktop when I start the computer.
>>
>> Disable it from starting up with Windows boot with this ONLY if you can't
>> find out how to disable it using the programs options:
>>
>> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
>> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

looks like visioneer is started from a registry entry. should i disable this?

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Go to Start>Run type 'msconfig' and when the System Configuration Utility
> appears, select the Startup tab. You see whether your program is started
> from a registry entry or the startup folder. You may see two types of
> startup folders, Common Startup and just Startup.

> "ptsnyder" <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried the "Startup" program, but Visioneer does not appear in the Startup
> > list
> >
> > "Galen" wrote:
> >
> >> In news:E8F524B7-8F4B-4621-B840-3A1763E1EAE2@microsoft.com,
> >> ptsnyder <ptsnyder@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
> >>
> >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> >> Disable it from starting up with Windows boot with this ONLY if you can't
> >> find out how to disable it using the programs options:
> >>
> >> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
> >>
> >> Galen
> >> --
> >> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> >> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Set a restore point in System Restore. Then when you open regedit and
navigate to the key, I would export the key to the desktop (the export
function is on the File menu in Regedit). Then delete the key and reboot.

If you somehow mess something up, use System Restore to reverse the change.
Saving the registry key is an emergency measure.