NIC to wireless

I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location. I
installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I have a
good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router is
(Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the router/port.
Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet fine.

John
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless

    "vv" <srutwa@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
    >I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location.
    > installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I
    > have a
    > good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router
    > is
    > (Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the
    > router/port.
    > Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
    > original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet
    > fine.
    >
    > John

    Disable the wired NIC connection when connecting wirelessly. Disable
    WEP/WPA, MAC filtering until you establish a connection. Broadcast
    SSID, there is no reason not to. Check the advanced properties of the
    wireless TCP/IP protocol, TCP/IP filtering, and make sure everything is
    Permit All. Google for lspfix.exe and winsockxpfix.exe, run both in
    default mode to fix the TCP/IP stack. ...or, boot to Safe Mode, open
    Device Manager, View Menu, Show Hidden devices, remove all of the USB
    wireless references. Reinstall the driver and run the Network
    Connection Wizard again.

Wireless NIC Internet Wireless Networking