NIC to wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 7, 2004 1:39:03 PM

I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location. I
installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I have a
good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router is
(Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the router/port.
Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet fine.

John

More about : nic wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 7, 2004 9:01:22 PM

"vv" <srutwa@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location.
> installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I
> have a
> good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router
> is
> (Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the
> router/port.
> Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
> original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet
> fine.
>
> John

Disable the wired NIC connection when connecting wirelessly. Disable
WEP/WPA, MAC filtering until you establish a connection. Broadcast
SSID, there is no reason not to. Check the advanced properties of the
wireless TCP/IP protocol, TCP/IP filtering, and make sure everything is
Permit All. Google for lspfix.exe and winsockxpfix.exe, run both in
default mode to fix the TCP/IP stack. ...or, boot to Safe Mode, open
Device Manager, View Menu, Show Hidden devices, remove all of the USB
wireless references. Reinstall the driver and run the Network
Connection Wizard again.