NIC to wireless

I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location. I
installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I have a
good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router is
(Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the router/port.
Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet fine.

John

"vv" <srutwa@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>I had a NIC hooked up to a PC and now have moved it from it's location.
> installed a wireless network card(Linksys WUSB11). It shows that I
> have a
> good connection but am unable to get out on the internet. My router
> is
> (Linksys BEFW11S4). It doesn't even show any connection at the
> router/port.
> Why? I know that the card works, because it works on my laptop. The
> original setup on my PC was using the NIC and it gets on the Internet
> fine.
>
> John

Disable the wired NIC connection when connecting wirelessly. Disable
WEP/WPA, MAC filtering until you establish a connection. Broadcast
SSID, there is no reason not to. Check the advanced properties of the
wireless TCP/IP protocol, TCP/IP filtering, and make sure everything is
Permit All. Google for lspfix.exe and winsockxpfix.exe, run both in
default mode to fix the TCP/IP stack. ...or, boot to Safe Mode, open
Device Manager, View Menu, Show Hidden devices, remove all of the USB
wireless references. Reinstall the driver and run the Network
Connection Wizard again.