Is there a way to prevent children from using the internet. Have XP home,
dial up.
They may already know to start in safe mode? Besides pulling the phone line.

Pull the electrical line, too?

Remove the computer if they disobey you?
--
~PA Bear

walt wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent children from using the internet. Have XP home,
> dial up.
> They may already know to start in safe mode? Besides pulling the phone
> line.

Hi,
If you're using dialup, you enter a password to connect to the ISP's
servers, right? If the kids know the current password, the ISP would change
it for you. Just don't let the dialup connectoid save the password.

This article describes how to lock down IE using Content Advisor:
267930 - How to Configure Internet Explorer to Block Access to All But
Approved Internet Sites:
The procedure works exactly the same with IE6.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"walt" <walt[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to prevent children from using the internet. Have XP home,
> dial up.
> They may already know to start in safe mode? Besides pulling the phone
line.

Thanks for the information, I will pass it on.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> If you're using dialup, you enter a password to connect to the ISP's
> servers, right? If the kids know the current password, the ISP would change
> it for you. Just don't let the dialup connectoid save the password.
>
> This article describes how to lock down IE using Content Advisor:
> 267930 - How to Configure Internet Explorer to Block Access to All But
> Approved Internet Sites:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=267930
> The procedure works exactly the same with IE6.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE/OE]
>

> "walt" <walt[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to prevent children from using the internet. Have XP home,
> > dial up.
> > They may already know to start in safe mode? Besides pulling the phone
> line.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:27:04 -0800, "walt"
<walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>,;Is there a way to prevent children from using the internet. Have XP home,
>,;dial up.
>,;They may already know to start in safe mode? Besides pulling the phone line.

Yes. It is called parenting 101.

If I had told my kids not to use the internet they wouldn't have used
the internet. Why? The consequences would be something they wanted to
avoid.

Result...One IBM vice president, one CEO of a hedge fund and one
Ph.D. research chemist.

But I digress. I wouldn't keep them off the internet but I would know
what they were doing. There are too many positive educational values
for kids on the internet so spend some time with them and teach them
how to use it correctly.

Now if you don't trust your kids or can't spend the time teaching them
then get a lock box for the keyboard and mouse.

TRENDING THREADS