Possible pirated OS. Need help.

xyz

I had this tower built by a local shop. What I need to know is what is the
completet documentation, disks, manuals etc. that I should have received? The
OS is Win.XP Pro wSP1, Office 2000 Premium. I received nothing at time of
purchace. With my older computer from Gateway I received all the disks,
books, all required registration numers. Please advise. Thank you. XYZ

XYZ wrote:
> I had this tower built by a local shop. What I need to know is what
> is the completet documentation, disks, manuals etc. that I should
> have received? The OS is Win.XP Pro wSP1, Office 2000 Premium. I
> received nothing at time of purchace. With my older computer from
> Gateway I received all the disks, books, all required registration
> numers. Please advise. Thank you. XYZ

Call and ask the shop what restoration method they have given you in order
to restore the PC to the "bought condition" should something go wrong.

--
<- Shenan ->

Ask them for the OEM cd's. Don't accept anything except Microsoft
hologrammed disks. If you did not pay for an installed OS and Office, then
you have a decision to make regarding unlicensed software.

"XYZ" <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had this tower built by a local shop. What I need to know is what is the
> completet documentation, disks, manuals etc. that I should have received?
> The
> OS is Win.XP Pro wSP1, Office 2000 Premium. I received nothing at time of
> purchace. With my older computer from Gateway I received all the disks,
> books, all required registration numers. Please advise. Thank you. XYZ

XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had this tower built by a local shop. What I need to know is what is the
>completet documentation, disks, manuals etc. that I should have received? The
>OS is Win.XP Pro wSP1, Office 2000 Premium. I received nothing at time of
>purchace. With my older computer from Gateway I received all the disks,
>books, all required registration numers. Please advise. Thank you. XYZ

You can expect to be provided with *a method* by which the computer
can be restored to "factory new" status including a freshly installed
copy of Windows.

This can be accomplished by any of several means including:
- A Windows XP OEM Installation CD plus product key.
- A Windows XP "System Recovery" CD containing a compressed image file
of the installed Windows, just as it was when it left the factory.
- A hidden "System Recovery" partition on the hard drive that contains
the compressed image as per above.

If you did not receive one of the above items with your computer then
you have been shortchanged at least and you should return to where you
purchased it and inquire about the Windows XP reinstall method.

If you do not get a satisfactory result from this then your next
recourse is to report the vendor to piracy@microsoft.com This will
not help you to resolve your problems with the installation of Windows
but you should at least get the satisfaction of knowing that this
vendor has been forced to correct his ways, or has been put out of
business.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--