Windows

March 26, 2005 5:29:02 PM

I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it i get a dialogue
box that says something like this is a internet resource and is not available
it tries to install it but it is already installed and i have it on the
desktop...i am baffled.

More about : windows

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 7:07:04 PM

What program?

"paulheff" <paulheff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it i get a dialogue
> box that says something like this is a internet resource and is not
> available
> it tries to install it but it is already installed and i have it on the
> desktop...i am baffled.

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 4:14:27 AM

paulheff wrote:
i am baffled.

You know what - so are we. I suggest you learn how to post a) in proper
English sentences that actually make sense and b) so somebody actually
understands what you're on about...

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

March 27, 2005 6:59:02 AM

there is no need for that smart little remark...i write fine...i think you
need to have a comprehension check done

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> paulheff wrote:
> i am baffled.
>
> You know what - so are we. I suggest you learn how to post a) in proper
> English sentences that actually make sense and b) so somebody actually
> understands what you're on about...
>

> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>
> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>
> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>
> Psychic Friends Network
> (800) 592-7827
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:12:52 PM

Paul

You write vague statements extremely well..

"I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it .... "

We all have a program "that when i try to load it...." .. can you guess
which program caused me a problem recently?

"... i get a dialogue box that says something like this is a internet
resource and is not available....."

Something like?.. so it could have said INTERNAL maybe?.. the contents of an
error message will determine how to fix it.. if you report the error message
in a changed form, ho do you expect to get the correct fix?..

The saga of the mystery program that may or may not have reported the fault
as originally shown continues..

"it tries to install it but it is already installed and i have it on the
desktop...i am baffled."

This is the first chance that we have to give some advice, so here goes..
try uninstalling through ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, and then re-install the
mystery program.. if for some reason that doesn't work, we really don't know
what you are going to do as you seem unwilling to give a good overview of
the problem..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> there is no need for that smart little remark...i write fine...i think you
> need to have a comprehension check done
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> paulheff wrote:
>> i am baffled.
>>
>> You know what - so are we. I suggest you learn how to post a) in proper
>> English sentences that actually make sense and b) so somebody actually
>> understands what you're on about...
>>

>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>
>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>
>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>
>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>
>> Psychic Friends Network
>> (800) 592-7827
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:57:29 PM

paulheff wrote:
> I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it i get a
> dialogue box that says something like this is a internet resource and
> is not available it tries to install it but it is already installed
> and I have it on the desktop...I am baffled.

You have a problem with "a program" when you try to load it - in that you
get a dialog box that says "something like" this is an internet resource and
is not available and then "it" tries to install but "it" is already
installed and you have "it" on the desktop.

Sounds like "it" is not compatible with Windows XP. Without further
information on "it" ("a program") and the exact message in the dialog box
(if it goes away too quickly to read - please look in your event log for
more detail), then it is unlikely anyone will be able to help you beyond
general statements like:

- Uninstall "it" and reboot. Reinstall "it" and check for any updates on
the web page of the creators of "it".
- Check the support web pages for "it" and search for the message you
received in the dialog box. Try to be more specific when searching their
knowledge base, as they may not have "something like" searches. *grin*

At this point, you are not the only one who is "baffled". Remember - if we
could see your screen, you've already been hacked.

--
<- Shenan ->
March 27, 2005 3:57:30 PM

Shenan
Thank you for your help...i was trying to open Addit-Pro a program (or
addon) for Microsoft Flight Simulator..i went to start/control panel and
removed Addit-Pro then i re-installed it...Addit-Pro works great now...thanks
again for your help i wish other people on this board would take heed as I
thought this was a beginners board...other people have tried to help also and
i greatly appreciate that too...hopefully you understand this message as i
think i have complete sentences LOLOLOL.
Thanks Again

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> paulheff wrote:
> > I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it i get a
> > dialogue box that says something like this is a internet resource and
> > is not available it tries to install it but it is already installed
> > and I have it on the desktop...I am baffled.
>
> You have a problem with "a program" when you try to load it - in that you
> get a dialog box that says "something like" this is an internet resource and
> is not available and then "it" tries to install but "it" is already
> installed and you have "it" on the desktop.
>
> Sounds like "it" is not compatible with Windows XP. Without further
> information on "it" ("a program") and the exact message in the dialog box
> (if it goes away too quickly to read - please look in your event log for
> more detail), then it is unlikely anyone will be able to help you beyond
> general statements like:
>
> - Uninstall "it" and reboot. Reinstall "it" and check for any updates on
> the web page of the creators of "it".
> - Check the support web pages for "it" and search for the message you
> received in the dialog box. Try to be more specific when searching their
> knowledge base, as they may not have "something like" searches. *grin*
>
> At this point, you are not the only one who is "baffled". Remember - if we
> could see your screen, you've already been hacked.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

March 27, 2005 5:16:14 PM

In news:4FD744A2-5E04-4912-A038-F0F2C5AE596D@microsoft.com,
paulheff <paulheff@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> there is no need for that smart little remark...i write
> fine...i
> think you need to have a comprehension check done

Regardless of how well you write, or how rude Miss PT is, the
point remains that you've told us almost nothing about your
problem. You need to be very specific to get help. What program?
What is the error message, verbatim? And so on. The more you can
tell us, the more likely we can help.

Lots of folks here will be happy to try to help you, but you have
to help us to help you by giving us something to work with..

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> paulheff wrote:
>> i am baffled.
>>
>> You know what - so are we. I suggest you learn how to post a)
>> in
>> proper English sentences that actually make sense and b) so
>> somebody
>> actually understands what you're on about...
>>

>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>
>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>
>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>>
>> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>>
>> Psychic Friends Network
>> (800) 592-7827
>>
>> --
>> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 7:38:53 PM

Paul

I suggested add/remove programs as a first step because there was nothing
else to work on..

Beginners are not necessarily expected to be 'au fait' with the jargon, but
programs names are not in that category.. I can imagine a Mac user having a
problem with 'the program' and others knowing instantly what 'the program'
is, there not being too many programs available for that platform (%age
compared to Windows), but in a Windows scenario, 'the program' can be any
one of thousands..

Have you tried Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator.. you don't have to wait
for passengers to load.. or take prisoners <eg>

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Shenan
> Thank you for your help...i was trying to open Addit-Pro a program (or
> addon) for Microsoft Flight Simulator..i went to start/control panel and
> removed Addit-Pro then i re-installed it...Addit-Pro works great
> now...thanks
> again for your help i wish other people on this board would take heed as I
> thought this was a beginners board...other people have tried to help also
> and
> i greatly appreciate that too...hopefully you understand this message as i
> think i have complete sentences LOLOLOL.
> Thanks Again
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> paulheff wrote:
>> > I have a problem with a program that when i try to load it i get a
>> > dialogue box that says something like this is a internet resource and
>> > is not available it tries to install it but it is already installed
>> > and I have it on the desktop...I am baffled.
>>
>> You have a problem with "a program" when you try to load it - in that you
>> get a dialog box that says "something like" this is an internet resource
>> and
>> is not available and then "it" tries to install but "it" is already
>> installed and you have "it" on the desktop.
>>
>> Sounds like "it" is not compatible with Windows XP. Without further
>> information on "it" ("a program") and the exact message in the dialog box
>> (if it goes away too quickly to read - please look in your event log for
>> more detail), then it is unlikely anyone will be able to help you beyond
>> general statements like:
>>
>> - Uninstall "it" and reboot. Reinstall "it" and check for any updates on
>> the web page of the creators of "it".
>> - Check the support web pages for "it" and search for the message you
>> received in the dialog box. Try to be more specific when searching their
>> knowledge base, as they may not have "something like" searches. *grin*
>>
>> At this point, you are not the only one who is "baffled". Remember - if
>> we
>> could see your screen, you've already been hacked.
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>> --
>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
>> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
>> getting into before you jump in with both feet.

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 7:38:54 PM

Hi Mike,
Great...I thought I thanked everyone that helped me but I will thank you
too...yes, as a matter of fact i do have CFS 3 and it is another good
program...i am retired military (Air Force) Viet Nam and Desert Storm 1 so
you can see i have a keen interest in simulators...On top of that my father
(now deceased) was a pilot for Pan Am..Anyway I won't bore you with that and
just give you a thanks instead
paul

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> - Uninstall "it" and reboot. Reinstall "it" and check for any updates on
> >> the web page of the creators of "it".
> >> - Check the support web pages for "it" and search for the message you
> >> received in the dialog box. Try to be more specific when searching their
> >> knowledge base, as they may not have "something like" searches. *grin*
> >>
> >> At this point, you are not the only one who is "baffled". Remember - if
> >> we
> >> could see your screen, you've already been hacked.
> >>
> >> --
> >> <- Shenan ->
> >> --
> >> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> >> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> >> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> >> getting into before you jump in with both feet.

March 28, 2005 12:42:04 AM

Paul

CFS 3 is a later version, and although scenery was improved and one or two
airplanes were added, the original Combat Flight Simulator is accredited
with being the best.. I have CFS Europe, and get hours of fun out of it.. I
doubt that I am as good a flyer as you, but the freedom of 3D in a shoot'em
up is just too much.. :)  .. I also like the original Comanche helicopter
game.. simple controls and again, super fun.. unfortunately, it doesn't like
XP are all.. oh well.. tally ho.. we're going in..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Hi Mike,
> Great...I thought I thanked everyone that helped me but I will thank you
> too...yes, as a matter of fact i do have CFS 3 and it is another good
> program...i am retired military (Air Force) Viet Nam and Desert Storm 1 so
> you can see i have a keen interest in simulators...On top of that my
> father
> (now deceased) was a pilot for Pan Am..Anyway I won't bore you with that
> and
> just give you a thanks instead
> paul
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Paul
>>
>> I suggested add/remove programs as a first step because there was nothing
>> else to work on..
>>
>> Beginners are not necessarily expected to be 'au fait' with the jargon,
>> but
>> programs names are not in that category.. I can imagine a Mac user having
>> problem with 'the program' and others knowing instantly what 'the
>> program'
>> is, there not being too many programs available for that platform (%age
>> compared to Windows), but in a Windows scenario, 'the program' can be any
>> one of thousands..
>>
>> Have you tried Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator.. you don't have to
>> wait
>> for passengers to load.. or take prisoners <eg>
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "paulheff" <paulheff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Shenan
>> > Thank you for your help...i was trying to open Addit-Pro a program (or
>> > addon) for Microsoft Flight Simulator..i went to start/control panel
>> > and
>> > removed Addit-Pro then i re-installed it...Addit-Pro works great
>> > now...thanks
>> > again for your help i wish other people on this board would take heed
>> > as I
>> > thought this was a beginners board...other people have tried to help
>> > also
>> > and
>> > i greatly appreciate that too...hopefully you understand this message
>> > as i
>> > think i have complete sentences LOLOLOL.
>> > Thanks Again

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:37:05 PM

Mike,
Does not matter how good you are as long as you are having fun!!!! Sounds
like you are though and that is great. How is CFS Europe? Is the game play
good? How about the frame rate?
Paul

!