where is the DriveSpace in xp

i have a xp windows and i want to know if there is a drivespace like
windows 98.

--
alderessy

DriveSpace is not supported in Windows XP.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"alderessy" wrote:

| i have a xp windows and i want to know if there is a drivespace like
| windows 98.
|
| --
| alderessy

As Carey stated, DriveSpace is not supported in XP but XP does have a native
disk compression capability.

If you are asking because you want to get data off of a DriveSpace drive,
you must uncompress the drive on a 98 computer prior to hooking it onto an
XP computer for the data to be recognized.

If all you want to do is to compress a drive's contents to save disk space
you have the option by right clicking on the drive letter in Windows
Explorer (or opening up My computer and right clicking on the drive) and
then left click on Properties and then check the box next to Compress drive
to save disk space and then click on OK This will compress the entire
drive.

"alderessy" <alderessy.1miydm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> i have a xp windows and i want to know if there is a drivespace like
> windows 98.
>

> --
> alderessy

No!