installing windows xp home ed

while installing windows xp, the computer appeared to freeze, i tried several
things to see if i could get any indication that the computer was still
working (including control-alt-delete; esc; wait) Nothing worked so i turned
the computer off. Now when i turn the computer on I don't even get anything
appearing on the monitor -- i exchanged monitors to see if the originally
connected might be the problem - nothing appeared on the second monitor
either.

I'm guessing that since the windows xp installation did not complete, and
the windows 98 had been removed that my turning the computer off did soething
to the driver for the monitor.

How can I complete the windows install without monitor support?
--
dwbrown

sryixx4 wrote:
> while installing windows xp, the computer appeared to freeze, i tried
> several things to see if i could get any indication that the computer
> was still working (including control-alt-delete; esc; wait) Nothing
> worked so i turned the computer off. Now when i turn the computer on
> I don't even get anything appearing on the monitor -- i exchanged
> monitors to see if the originally connected might be the problem -
> nothing appeared on the second monitor either.
>
> I'm guessing that since the windows xp installation did not complete,
> and the windows 98 had been removed that my turning the computer off
> did soething to the driver for the monitor.
>
> How can I complete the windows install without monitor support?

You mean the driver for the Video Card.. And are you saying when you hook up
the computer to a known good monitor and turn it on, you never even get a
POST-boot screen allowing you to get into the system BIOS?

--
<- Shenan ->