Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Potion Snob...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:29:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.

Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

- Samiel

p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
either...

More about : potion snob

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:29:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Samiel wrote:
> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>
> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
>
> - Samiel
>
> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
> either...

In the early goings of hardcore on BNET a chipped gem was just as good
as a small purple pot. 3 chippies and there was a full rejuv. By the
time these early characters entered Duriel's room they had a belt full
of full purples and Duriel was doomed as a well fed merc tank always
defeated the slug.

Chipped gems sit in my rune mule in case I have to cube up the runes
THUL - SHAEL. I even have a flawed Topaz in case I cube 3 IOs to a LUM.
My non-Pgem mule has a stash of chippies for repair recipes and a few
flaweds.

Rejuvs seem to drop frequently enough that I have to always end up
passing them down to lower characters when the higher ones fill up.

One row of reds are fine for those times when you need a heal but not a
rejuv.

Super reds of course are better but when there is an empty slot and a
greater on the ground it ends up in the belt until a super appears down
the road.

In Hell it does seem that normal gems and up are of the order of the
day, at least in hardcore. I think in softcore I had gotten to point
where I would not settle for anything less than a flawless.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 9:17:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I've been like that since playing normal cow levels.

High


On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:29:09 GMT, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

>I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
>anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>
>Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
>
>- Samiel
>
>p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
>either...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:57:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>
> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
>
> - Samiel

Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
its own.

> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
> either...

Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
--
Don't Panic!
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:57:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
news:yynne.12527$M36.1462@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>
>> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
>> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>>
>> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
>>
>> - Samiel
>
> Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
> I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
> its own.
>
>> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
>> either...
>
> Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
> you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
> besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
> --
> Don't Panic!
cube up middle runes??

I think I missed a memo
can someone explain?

Gumby619
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:00:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Hi,

Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in
news:fgor911h5lluurikopckafd1l2o9hagj3h@4ax.com:

> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>
> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

I only pick up rejuvs or even full ones. And always have too many in my
stash. Is there a diff in potion drops between SP and online-play?

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:01:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
news:fgor911h5lluurikopckafd1l2o9hagj3h@4ax.com...
> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
>
> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

For high level characters(ie, anyone I have in Hell difficulty) I only pick
up full rejuvs. If I get mana burned and need mana immediately I'll look for
a super mana pot, but otherwise, full rejuvs for me. For mid level
characters I'll pick up rejuvs and super pots if I'm desperate. For low
level chars I'm not picky.

> - Samiel
>
> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
> either...

I don't pick up gems at all anymore.
June 2, 2005 5:35:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Gumby619 wrote:
>
> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
> news:yynne.12527$M36.1462@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> >
> > On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
> >> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
> >>
> >> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
> >>
> >> - Samiel
> >
> > Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
> > I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
> > its own.
> >
> >> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
> >> either...
> >
> > Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
> > you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
> > besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
> > --
> > Don't Panic!
> cube up middle runes??
>
> I think I missed a memo
> can someone explain?
>
> Gumby619

You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.

Watchman :) 
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:36:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
news:429E85A7.84B1BA1E@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au...
<snip>

> Gumby619 wrote:
>>
>> I think I missed a memo
>> can someone explain?
>>
>> Gumby619
>
> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
> of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
>
> Watchman :) 
> --
> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:36:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote

>
>"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
>news:429E85A7.84B1BA1E@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au...
><snip>
>
>> Gumby619 wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I missed a memo
>>> can someone explain?
>>>
>>> Gumby619
>>
>> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
>> of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
>>
>> Watchman :) 
>> --
>> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
>Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?

Different gem per runetype

Go here:
<http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml&gt;

It's down the page aways
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:36:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
news:6nbt91l224flc0ku4tgqsmt9jab5frd4te@4ax.com...
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote
>
>>
>>"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
>>news:429E85A7.84B1BA1E@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au...
>><snip>
>>
>>> Gumby619 wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I think I missed a memo
>>>> can someone explain?
>>>>
>>>> Gumby619
>>>
>>> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
>>> of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
>>>
>>> Watchman :) 
>>> --
>>> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
>>Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?
>
> Different gem per runetype
>
> Go here:
> <http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml&gt;
>
> It's down the page aways
> --
> no, i didn't forget the 'F's
> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
> http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
> -My Diablo 2 Mod
> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
> -My theme song

Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......

Gumby619
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:36:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
news:D 7nt26.4uc.1@fairground.synaptic.net.nz...
> Gumby619 wrote:
>> "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
>> news:6nbt91l224flc0ku4tgqsmt9jab5frd4te@4ax.com...
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>>> "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote
>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
>>>> news:429E85A7.84B1BA1E@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au...
>>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>>>> Gumby619 wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I think I missed a memo
>>>>>> can someone explain?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gumby619
>>>>>
>>>>> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and
>>>>> sort of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
>>>>>
>>>>> Watchman :) 
>>>>> --
>>>>> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going
>>>>> on'
>>>> Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?
>>>
>>> Different gem per runetype
>>>
>>> Go here:
>>> <http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml&gt;
>>>
>>> It's down the page aways
>>> --
>>> no, i didn't forget the 'F's
>>> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
>>> http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
>>> -My Diablo 2 Mod
>>> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
>>> -My theme song
>>
>> Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......
>
> LOL. I just remember the 'word' TASRED (Topaz, Ameth, Saph, Ruby, Em, and
> Dia. repeating from chipped upwards.) and when you get to Pul it drops
> from
> 3 to 2 runes.
> --
> ~misfit~
>
>
what about amn, sol and shael runes? Can they be upgraded this way?

Gumby619
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 6:58:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:22:16 -0700, "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com>
wrote:
>
>I think I missed a memo
>can someone explain?
>
>Gumby619
>
By the way, I think this only applies to ladder characters...

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp

Look at the cube recipes...

- Samiel
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 10:41:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 2 Jun 2005 01:05:39 -0700 - there
was this guy, or something, called "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

<rune upgrades>

>Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......

Don't feel bad. We've been playing v1.07 off the CD for four years
without realising there were upgrade patches.

And then we discovered mods.




C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:45:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:43:26 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called Samiel <samiel@samiel.com>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>>It took you to Hell difficulty to do this? I switch to the higher
>>potions as soon as they start turning up in Act 3 or 4 of normal
>>difficulty, and sooner or later I have a stash full.
>
>Yes, 'cause I really didn't need any higher potions until Hell, lol.

Why keep normal ones when you can pick up supers?

Or do you just run around with an empty belt?


C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:57:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:45:13 +0300, Chucky & Janica
<janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:
>
>Why keep normal ones when you can pick up supers?
>
>Or do you just run around with an empty belt?
>
I picked up whatever was available... wasn't as snobbish! :-p

- Samiel
!