Potion Snob...

I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.

Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

- Samiel

p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
either...
15 answers Last reply
More about potion snob

    Samiel wrote:
    > I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    > anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    >
    > Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
    >
    > - Samiel
    >
    > p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
    > either...

    In the early goings of hardcore on BNET a chipped gem was just as good
    as a small purple pot. 3 chippies and there was a full rejuv. By the
    time these early characters entered Duriel's room they had a belt full
    of full purples and Duriel was doomed as a well fed merc tank always
    defeated the slug.

    Chipped gems sit in my rune mule in case I have to cube up the runes
    THUL - SHAEL. I even have a flawed Topaz in case I cube 3 IOs to a LUM.
    My non-Pgem mule has a stash of chippies for repair recipes and a few
    flaweds.

    Rejuvs seem to drop frequently enough that I have to always end up
    passing them down to lower characters when the higher ones fill up.

    One row of reds are fine for those times when you need a heal but not a
    rejuv.

    Super reds of course are better but when there is an empty slot and a
    greater on the ground it ends up in the belt until a super appears down
    the road.

    In Hell it does seem that normal gems and up are of the order of the
    day, at least in hardcore. I think in softcore I had gotten to point
    where I would not settle for anything less than a flawless.

    Orion Ryder

    I've been like that since playing normal cow levels.

    High

    On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:

    > I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    > anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    >
    > Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
    >
    > - Samiel

    Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
    I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
    its own.

    > p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
    > either...

    Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
    you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
    besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message

    > On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    >> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    >>
    >> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
    >>
    >> - Samiel
    >
    > Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
    > I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
    > its own.
    >
    >> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
    >> either...
    >
    > Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
    > you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
    > besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
    > --
    > Don't Panic!
    cube up middle runes??

    I think I missed a memo
    can someone explain?

    Gumby619

    Hi,

    Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in

    > I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    > anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    >
    > Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

    I only pick up rejuvs or even full ones. And always have too many in my
    stash. Is there a diff in potion drops between SP and online-play?

    Regards,

    Oliver

    "Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
    > I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    > anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    >
    > Anyone here a potion snob? :-p

    For high level characters(ie, anyone I have in Hell difficulty) I only pick
    up full rejuvs. If I get mana burned and need mana immediately I'll look for
    a super mana pot, but otherwise, full rejuvs for me. For mid level
    characters I'll pick up rejuvs and super pots if I'm desperate. For low
    level chars I'm not picky.

    > - Samiel
    >
    > p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
    > either...

    I don't pick up gems at all anymore.

    Gumby619 wrote:

    > "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
    > >
    > > On 1-Jun-2005, Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I was playing on Hell diff. yesterday and noticed I didn't pick up
    > >> anything less than a Super Healing Potion or Super Mana Potion.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone here a potion snob? :-p
    > >>
    > >> - Samiel
    > >
    > > Oh my yes, only rejuves or full rejuves usually. I will pick up a mana if
    > > I need mana at the time, otherwise I just wait for the ball to refill on
    > > its own.
    > >
    > >> p.s. I noticed I don't pick up anything less than a normal gem
    > >> either...
    > >
    > > Now there I differ, I pick up every gem and rune I see, don't forget that
    > > you need some chipped and flawed gems to cube up those middle runes,
    > > besides, they cube up to pgems sooner or later.
    > > --
    > > Don't Panic!
    > cube up middle runes??
    >
    > I think I missed a memo
    > can someone explain?
    >
    > Gumby619

    You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
    of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    "Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > Gumby619 wrote:
    >>
    >> I think I missed a memo
    >> can someone explain?
    >>
    >> Gumby619
    >
    > You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
    > of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
    >
    > Watchman :)
    > --
    > 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
    Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote

    >"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
    ><snip>
    >
    >> Gumby619 wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I think I missed a memo
    >>> can someone explain?
    >>>
    >>> Gumby619
    >>
    >> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
    >> of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
    >>
    >> Watchman :)
    >> --
    >> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
    >Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?

    Different gem per runetype

    Go here:
    <http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml>

    It's down the page aways
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    > "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote
    >

    >>"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message
    >><snip>

    >>> You can up grade runes past Thul if you've got the right type and sort
    >>> of gem, eg. 3 Thul runes + 1 chipped topaz = Amn rune, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Watchman :)
    >>> --
    >>> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'
    >>Is chipped topaz good for all or diff gem per runetype?
    >
    > Different gem per runetype
    >
    > Go here:
    > <http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml>
    >
    > It's down the page aways
    > --
    > no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    > http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    > http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    > -My Diablo 2 Mod
    > http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
    > -My theme song

    Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......

    Gumby619

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Gumby619 wrote:
    >> "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    >>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    >>> "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com> wrote

    >>> Different gem per runetype
    >>>
    >>> Go here:
    >>> <http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml>
    >>>
    >>> It's down the page aways
    >>> --
    >>> no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    >>> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    >>> http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    >>> -My Diablo 2 Mod
    >>> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
    >>> -My theme song
    >>
    >> Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......
    >
    > LOL. I just remember the 'word' TASRED (Topaz, Ameth, Saph, Ruby, Em, and
    > Dia. repeating from chipped upwards.) and when you get to Pul it drops
    > from
    > 3 to 2 runes.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    what about amn, sol and shael runes? Can they be upgraded this way?

    Gumby619

    On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:22:16 -0700, "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com>
    wrote:

    >I think I missed a memo
    >can someone explain?
    >
    >Gumby619

    By the way, I think this only applies to ladder characters...

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp

    Look at the cube recipes...

    - Samiel

    Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 2 Jun 2005 01:05:39 -0700 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Gumby619" <numya@bidness.com>, and
    they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    <rune upgrades>

    >Thanks...I only been playin 4 years and didn't know that......

    Don't feel bad. We've been playing v1.07 off the CD for four years
    without realising there were upgrade patches.

    And then we discovered mods.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:43:26 GMT - there
    was this guy, or something, called Samiel <samiel@samiel.com>, and
    they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >>It took you to Hell difficulty to do this? I switch to the higher
    >>potions as soon as they start turning up in Act 3 or 4 of normal
    >>difficulty, and sooner or later I have a stash full.
    >
    >Yes, 'cause I really didn't need any higher potions until Hell, lol.

    Why keep normal ones when you can pick up supers?

    Or do you just run around with an empty belt?

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:45:13 +0300, Chucky & Janica
    <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

    >Why keep normal ones when you can pick up supers?
    >
    >Or do you just run around with an empty belt?

    I picked up whatever was available... wasn't as snobbish! :-p

    - Samiel

Games Diablo Video Games