Manufacturer recommendations, please!

I'm looking to get a wireless ADSL router and laptop card, and I'd like to
keep to the same manufacturer. I've also seen two installations, one
Belkin, which went extremely smoothly, and one with Sitecom, which went west
spectacularly.

What do people recommend for reliable kit, straightforward installation and
good tech support?

TIA

"Trent SC" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> What do people recommend for reliable kit, straightforward
> installation and good tech support?

All consumer brands are basically the same.

Linksys, Dlink, Netgear... they're all the same.

Zyxel.com makes some nice routers. And Netgate.com has some high powered
WiFi equipment.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:31:54 +0100, "Trent SC"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I'm looking to get a wireless ADSL router and laptop card, and I'd like to
>keep to the same manufacturer. I've also seen two installations, one
>Belkin, which went extremely smoothly, and one with Sitecom, which went west
>spectacularly.
>
>What do people recommend for reliable kit, straightforward installation and
>good tech support?
>
>TIA

I regularly work with Cisco, Netopia, Linksys and others but just in
the past two days configured a couple of ZyAIR G-1000 AP and a ZyAir
P334W Router/AP through their web interface and it was a snap. I also
installed some ZyXel G-110 PCMCIA cards which configured equally as
well. And a plus -- their VERY reasonably priced.

Good luck,