please help!

Every time I swtich the computer on my account says "1 unread email
message" and my email address. I do NOT have an unread message!!!! I've
tried everything I can think of and I can't get rid of the message!

Please help!

jenni

--
papalaz

Delete all messages from your inbox after reading them.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"papalaz" <papalaz.1mkcdn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Every time I swtich the computer on my account says "1 unread email
> message" and my email address. I do NOT have an unread message!!!! I've
> tried everything I can think of and I can't get rid of the message!
>
> Please help!
>
> jenni
>

> --
> papalaz

Hi papalaz,

If you want to completely disable the unread mail notification, d/load and
run the appropriate file, provided courtesy of Doug Knox, from here:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_mailnotify.htm

If you just want to reset the counter for the unread mail notification, open
the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit then click on OK or hit
ENTER), and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
When you expand the UnreadMail key, click on the subkey that relates to the
email account in question. Look in the right-hand pane for MessageCount,
double-click on it, then set the Value data to 0 (zero). Click on OK and
then Exit the registry editor.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod