Asking a new question.

s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to allow a
popup before the new question form opens. This happens for "General comments"
also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the popup. Is this required by
this site or can this be prevented so I can use the forun w/o allowing the
popup? Thank you. xyz
3 answers Last reply
More about asking question

    Try setting up Outlook Express as your newsreader....

    MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
    [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
    nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
    links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
    Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
    no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    Windows XP Newsgroups
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx

    Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp

    Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp

    Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

    Getting News from Newsgroups
    Ignore this part. Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp

    Set Up Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:27179D71-0E29-4B35-9100-54CE1F2B8EB1@microsoft.com,
    XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to
    > allow a popup before the new question form opens. This happens for
    > "General comments" also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the
    > popup. Is this required by this site or can this be prevented so I
    > can use the forun w/o allowing the popup? Thank you. xyz

    Thank you for the responce and I WILL study the links you provided. I am new
    to all this so it is more difficult for me, however, "Wherever there is the
    will there is a way" Thank you again. xyz

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Try setting up Outlook Express as your newsreader....
    >
    > MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
    > [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
    > nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
    > links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
    > Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
    > no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
    > http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroups
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx
    >
    > Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp
    >
    > Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp
    >
    > Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >
    > Getting News from Newsgroups
    > Ignore this part. Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp
    >
    > Set Up Outlook Express
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:27179D71-0E29-4B35-9100-54CE1F2B8EB1@microsoft.com,
    > XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to
    > > allow a popup before the new question form opens. This happens for
    > > "General comments" also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the
    > > popup. Is this required by this site or can this be prevented so I
    > > can use the forun w/o allowing the popup? Thank you. xyz

    Keep having fun! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0A5696D9-AAFE-498E-BB1B-F78B56CB6B68@microsoft.com,
    XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thank you for the responce and I WILL study the links you provided. I
    > am new to all this so it is more difficult for me, however, "Wherever
    > there is the will there is a way" Thank you again. xyz
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Try setting up Outlook Express as your newsreader....
    >>
    >> MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
    >> [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com
    >> server, on nearly every available topic and in many different
    >> languages. Clicking the links below will automatically create any
    >> necessary account configuration in Outlook Express and take you
    >> directly to the newsgroup you have selected - no complicated
    >> technical configurations are needed!]] http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
    >>
    >> Windows XP Newsgroups
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx
    >>
    >> Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp

    >> Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp
    >>
    >> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
    >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >>
    >> Getting News from Newsgroups
    >> Ignore this part. Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp
    >>
    >> Set Up Outlook Express
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:27179D71-0E29-4B35-9100-54CE1F2B8EB1@microsoft.com,
    >> XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control
    >>> to allow a popup before the new question form opens. This happens
    >>> for "General comments" also. This allows a cookie to be installed
    >>> for the popup. Is this required by this site or can this be
    >>> prevented so I can use the forun w/o allowing the popup? Thank you.
    >>> xyz

Cookie Microsoft Windows XP