Asking a new question.

March 27, 2005 2:27:01 PM

s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to allow a
popup before the new question form opens. This happens for "General comments"
also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the popup. Is this required by
this site or can this be prevented so I can use the forun w/o allowing the
popup? Thank you. xyz

More about : question

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 4:19:15 PM

Try setting up Outlook Express as your newsreader....

MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
[[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirec...

Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/news...

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.h...

Getting News from Newsgroups
Ignore this part. Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gett...

Set Up Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setu...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:27179D71-0E29-4B35-9100-54CE1F2B8EB1@microsoft.com,
XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to
> allow a popup before the new question form opens. This happens for
> "General comments" also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the
> popup. Is this required by this site or can this be prevented so I
> can use the forun w/o allowing the popup? Thank you. xyz
March 27, 2005 7:11:03 PM

Thank you for the responce and I WILL study the links you provided. I am new
to all this so it is more difficult for me, however, "Wherever there is the
will there is a way" Thank you again. xyz

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Try setting up Outlook Express as your newsreader....
>
> MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
> [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
> nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
> links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
> Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
> no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
> Windows XP Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>
> Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirec...
>
> Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/news...
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.h...
>
> Getting News from Newsgroups
> Ignore this part. Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gett...
>
> Set Up Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setu...
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:27179D71-0E29-4B35-9100-54CE1F2B8EB1@microsoft.com,
> XYZ <XYZ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > s Each time I click "New" to start a thread I have to hold control to
> > allow a popup before the new question form opens. This happens for
> > "General comments" also. This allows a cookie to be installed for the
> > popup. Is this required by this site or can this be prevented so I
> > can use the forun w/o allowing the popup? Thank you. xyz

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:07:22 AM

Keep having fun! :-)

--