Bluetooth service error

March 28, 2005 5:09:02 AM

Hello all. I am new to Bluetooth and to XP. I have tried to 'turn on'
Bluetooth from the control panel. I keep getting an error message that reads
"An erro occured while Windows was saving your settings: The following
settings were not saved: Discoverability settings, Connection settings"
I am unable to find my PalmOne Pda (T3) and my PDA cant find my laptop.

Any suggestions?

thanks
ss
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:08:32 PM

"ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello all. I am new to Bluetooth and to XP. I have tried to 'turn on'
>Bluetooth from the control panel. I keep getting an error message that reads
>"An erro occured while Windows was saving your settings: The following
>settings were not saved: Discoverability settings, Connection settings"
>I am unable to find my PalmOne Pda (T3) and my PDA cant find my laptop.

Start here: "How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity
problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883258).

--
(tm)
April 19, 2005 4:00:02 PM

That MS KB article did not provide help with the same situation that I am
having. I am using a Sony Vaio laptop with SP2 preloaded. When I try to
"enable" discovery (Bluetooth Devices -> Options -> Turn Discovery On), I get
the same error messages. I cannot uninstall or rollback SP2 since it was
preloaded/embedded with the OS. Someone please help....I am trying to
troubleshoot my boss's laptop.....need I say more...haha

Thanks for your quick responses.

---
Bobby

!