Insert disk and press enter? help

korn3232

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
this may seem like an easy question but im 14 and i've just built my first pc.i have a nVidia nForce220D A7N266-VM/AA and when i turn on the computer it says at the bottom of the screen to "insert system disk and press enter".what does this mean, i know its telling me to insert a floppy but what floppy, i would appreciate any help and would really appreciate a walkthrough.
thank you so much
justin

centigrade

Tommelom

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
If this happend the first time u turned it on, it can mean two things:
1. U have to format your hard drive. The easiest whay to do this is to boot the windows-cd from your cd-rom drive. Just ignore "Insert systemdisk" at this time.

2. If u have tryed to instal windows and just get "insert systemdisk" it may mean that your hard drive isn't connected propely, or the jumpers that at the back of your HD and/or cd-rom is wrong. Check it.

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
My guess is that its searching for a boot record from IDE0 or floppy or cdrom or whatever. In the bios under advanced or something i forgot there is the boot order. It should be like 1st Floppy 2nd CDROM 3rd IDE0 and so on. If you have that order it will searc hfor windows bootup disks in the floppy, then the cdrom, then once you have everything all running good it will just boot from the hd. Im guessing you need to insert a windows boot disk

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what does this mean, i know its telling me to insert a floppy but what floppy
Not just floppy but it can be a <b><font color=red>bootable</b></font color=red> CD or hard disk.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.