Uninstalling and reinstalling upgrade

I installed windows xp on my home computer so I could use my ipod on it and
everything froze. I couldn't even open things like my folders of control
panels. I finally figured out how to uninstall it and after uninstalling it,
tried to install it on my laptop. The product activation key, however,
wouldn't work. Someone please tell me that I'm not out $100.

Is it a full, retail version or an upgrade version of WinXP? What OS is
currently installed on the laptop? Is it an OEM or retail version?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

xpconfused wrote:
> I installed windows xp on my home computer so I could use my ipod on it
> and
> everything froze. I couldn't even open things like my folders of control
> panels. I finally figured out how to uninstall it and after uninstalling
> it,
> tried to install it on my laptop. The product activation key, however,
> wouldn't work. Someone please tell me that I'm not out $100.

Please see your please posts for answers to your questions. If you're
trying to reply/continue the original thread, make sure you're replying to
that thread, not starting a new thread.

Three separate posts you've sent at (my local time) 4.37am 4.59am and 6.10am
29/March/2005.