Canadian_4_Evr

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Just recently when i start xp, all the default programs that start normally no longer start. Every time I change something on the taskbar (spacing etc) once i reset the computer, the changes don't save. Also, for some reason some accounts no longer work, you can log in and suddenly the computer will reboot without warning. Only 1 or 2 accounts remain that are useable. Any help would be really appreciated!!

P4 2.4C @ 3.2 (1.6Vcore) - OCZ Gold EL PC3500 2.5,3,3,6 5:4 - ATI Radeon 9600XT - Maxtor SATA 160g - Seagate 160g SATA - Audigy2 ZS - 4 case fans + Stock Cpu Fan = 30c Idle, 47 Full Load

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
If you can get windows to stay open, have your install disk in a CD drive then try either > start run or > ctrl+alt+del > File menu > new task (run)> enter " sfc/ scannow " (no quotes) and this should allow the CD to check all the windows files are correct.

However, you may not be able to do this, it could be a driver issue, try F8 at boot up to windows, safe mode and uninstall anything new that might be the cause, alternatively go into Computer management and look at the recent events for some clues. If all else fails boot to the Windows install CD and do a repair install, go past the first option of repair and select the 2nd one.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS