I finally learned how to "burn" the copy, install, activate,, boot up and I
am stumped....where did I set an "Admin-password" to acces Win XP 64?

"ojrn1954" <ojrn1954@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I finally learned how to "burn" the copy, install, activate,, boot up and I
> am stumped....where did I set an "Admin-password" to acces Win XP 64?

From memory it asks you during the setup. Like any other version of
Windows.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

It was very late last night, but I am doing a clean install and taking notes
about what questions are ask, I really dont remember that question.
Thanks...oj

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "ojrn1954" <ojrn1954@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I finally learned how to "burn" the copy, install, activate,, boot up and I
> > am stumped....where did I set an "Admin-password" to acces Win XP 64?
>
> From memory it asks you during the setup. Like any other version of
> Windows.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> It was very late last night, but I am doing a clean install and taking
> notes
> about what questions are ask, I really dont remember that question.
> Thanks...oj

Maybe you didn't specify one so it is blank.

Windows doesn't really require you to specify a password.
On that particular screen if you just hit Enter or click
on OK it assumes you want the password to be blank.

You have to pay attention to this stuff.

__
>Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
>E-mail reply: Remove "NIXTHIS" and add "#VS811" to
Subject.
__

>.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows doesn't really require you to specify a password.
> On that particular screen if you just hit Enter or click
> on OK it assumes you want the password to be blank.
>
> You have to pay attention to this stuff.

That's what I figured and suggested.

you are lucky, i burned 2 disk, very slowly and theystill won't install.
tried many forums but no luck on install.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows doesn't really require you to specify a password.
> > On that particular screen if you just hit Enter or click
> > on OK it assumes you want the password to be blank.
> >
> > You have to pay attention to this stuff.

suggestion: if you're an advanced windoze user, or if you know a lot about
computers, try using Linux. if you haven't heard of it already, it's a free
operating system that's based on Unix, THE most stable OS ever written, and
is much better than windoze. you can go to www.linux.com to find out more, or
you can search for it at google or some other search site.