Compile error in hidden module. Please help..

Hi,

I have recently installed WinXP and SP2. Also installed is Norton
Internet Security including Norton Anti Virus. Norton is run in place of
Microsoft Firewall etc..

First problem I had was that whenever I tried to install Quicken 2002,
from the install disc. I got the '16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem error'
message, and the program would not install. For more details please see
KB305521. Anyway I followed the instructions in the KB article and the
issue was resolved.

Now, whenever I run MS word or MS Outlook, and exit, a message appears
"Microsoft Visual Basic - Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec".

Please advise me how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks

Royston.

maybe:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

--

Dave Peterson

PDFMaker.xla is the problem for excel (actually)

--

Dave Peterson

In article <42495B42.C4D7C1B1@netscapeXSPAM.com>, ec35720
@netscapeXSPAM.com says...
> PDFMaker.xla is the problem for excel (actually)
>
> Dave Peterson wrote:
> >
> > maybe:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
> > OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
> > Word or Excel
> >
> > It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.
> >
> > Royston Tin wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have recently installed WinXP and SP2. Also installed is Norton
> > > Internet Security including Norton Anti Virus. Norton is run in place of
> > > Microsoft Firewall etc..
> > >
> > > First problem I had was that whenever I tried to install Quicken 2002,
> > > from the install disc. I got the '16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem error'
> > > message, and the program would not install. For more details please see
> > > KB305521. Anyway I followed the instructions in the KB article and the
> > > issue was resolved.
> > >
> > > Now, whenever I run MS word or MS Outlook, and exit, a message appears
> > > "Microsoft Visual Basic - Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec".
> > >
> > > Please advise me how to resolve this issue.
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Royston.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

Hi, Dave,

Many thanks for your response.

I could not locate the files referred to in the KB to erase them, but I
did get an inkling that the problem could be something to do with Adobe
Acrobat Reader.

So I re-installed it.

Presto!

I had the same problem when I remove Adobe 5.0. I had installed Adobe 8.0. I had to add Adobe 5.0 back into the directory along with Adobe 8.0 to get rid of this error. Not sure how to connect Adobe 8.0 to word or excel so I can remove the 5.0 verison. I going to reinstall adobe 8.0 and see if this works so I can remove Adobe 5.0. If anyone else had a better idea please let me know.
Chuck