CatMan

Distinguished
May 3, 2003
I can just take the hard drive im using now in this computer and just plug it in with the new one (asus a7n8x with 2500) and itll boot off the windows xp already installed on the hard drive right? Or will i have to buy a new one and start from scracth or format this one and then reload everything on the new mobo. It doesnt come till wed. so i have time for answers.

My computer is so powerful, it can complete a simple math equation in only 3 and half days! :lol:

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
You should be able to boot off the old hard drive. You might run into some problems though. I did something like that about two years ago and I don't remember exactly what happened. I think it should hold together until you get your new hard drive. Then you can install Windows XP on it.

Oh, but you might have to get a new license for Windows XP. If you change a lot of the hardware in your system, XP assumes you have installed it on a different computer and will give you trouble. Watch out for it!

CatMan

Distinguished
May 3, 2003
alright. Now i have an MX440SE 64mb. Which is better. My MX440-SE or the onboard gpu on the asus?

My computer is so powerful, it can complete a simple math equation in only 3 and half days! :lol: