disk boot failure,insert sys disk and press enter

korn3232

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
im 14 and have just built my first system, but i have a problem.When i start the computer it say boot disk failure and press enter.i have the cd-rom drive set to boot first and tried to install win xp but still the same message.any info and walkthroughs would be greatly appreciated.i have a asus nVidia nForce220D A7N266-VM/AA with an amd athlon xp 2000+, 256mb ddrram, 54x52x54 cd-rw, and a 40gig 5400 rpm harddrive.any info and a walkthrough would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

centigrade

Make sure the CMOS is set to boot from the CDROM, put the CD in the CDROM drive, start up the machine, watch the bottom left of the screen for(Boot From CDROM) to appear, when you see it press any key, if you don't press a key in that time period, it will continue looking for a boot option, it will only give you the activation opportunity for about 5 seconds. Everything is read and select from that point.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>