printer icon

March 29, 2005 7:50:02 PM

The thread on clearing a print cue remined me of something I need to
ask.

How do I put the printer icon in systray? I've blundered across "how
to" before, but it's not turning up for me right now. Putting the
sound icon there would be great too - I found the check box for
display.

PS: Why doesn't Microsoft Help and Support list Systray or System
Tray. What am I supposed to be looking for?

TIA
sf

More about : printer icon

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:37:14 AM

A1. There should be an option in your printer set-up to enable it, sf. You
may need to reinstall your printer if you upgraded to WinXP (check for
driver updates first).

A2.Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume > ...

The area formerly known as systray is called 'Notification Area' in WinXP.

[And it's called a print /queue/. <eg>]
--
~PA Bear

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express