printer icon

The thread on clearing a print cue remined me of something I need to
ask.

How do I put the printer icon in systray? I've blundered across "how
to" before, but it's not turning up for me right now. Putting the
sound icon there would be great too - I found the check box for
display.

PS: Why doesn't Microsoft Help and Support list Systray or System
Tray. What am I supposed to be looking for?

TIA
sf
1 answer Last reply
More about printer icon

    A1. There should be an option in your printer set-up to enable it, sf. You
    may need to reinstall your printer if you upgraded to WinXP (check for
    driver updates first).

    A2.Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume > ...

    The area formerly known as systray is called 'Notification Area' in WinXP.

    [And it's called a print /queue/. <eg>]
    --
    ~PA Bear

    Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

    sf wrote:
    > The thread on clearing a print cue remined me of something I need to
    > ask.
    >
    > How do I put the printer icon in systray? I've blundered across "how
    > to" before, but it's not turning up for me right now. Putting the
    > sound icon there would be great too - I found the check box for
    > display.
    >
    > PS: Why doesn't Microsoft Help and Support list Systray or System
    > Tray. What am I supposed to be looking for?
    >
    > TIA
    > sf

Microsoft Printers Windows XP