Administrator Password Problem

Hi Guys,
At my home PC, OS is XP Professional. There was just one login as
Administrator with no passowrd set. I use to login directly without any
password prompt. yerterday night i installed some of the security patches of
XP from windows update site. It asked for reboot & then administrator login
started asking for Password. Can anyone please guide me what is the default
password set by windows updates or is there any other means for me to log in
& reset admin passowrd.
Thanks..
--
Saurabh
2 answers Last reply

    When you click the button without entering a password do you get a warning
    that "the Command Length is incorrect" or some such wording? If so then you
    have fallen victim to a common fault of Windows Update associated with
    update number KB885835 which Microsoft have done NOTHING to resolve. Have a
    look at http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-822173.html

    John (another victim of M$ incompetence)

    "Saurabh" <kapsaurabh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > At my home PC, OS is XP Professional. There was just one login as
    > Administrator with no passowrd set. I use to login directly without any
    > password prompt. yerterday night i installed some of the security patches
    > of
    > XP from windows update site. It asked for reboot & then administrator
    > login
    > started asking for Password. Can anyone please guide me what is the
    > default
    > password set by windows updates or is there any other means for me to log
    > in
    > & reset admin passowrd.
    > Thanks..
    > --
    > Saurabh

    "Saurabh" <kapsaurabh@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > At my home PC, OS is XP Professional. There was just one login as
    >Administrator with no passowrd set. I use to login directly without any
    >password prompt. yerterday night i installed some of the security patches of
    >XP from windows update site. It asked for reboot & then administrator login
    >started asking for Password. Can anyone please guide me what is the default
    >password set by windows updates or is there any other means for me to log in
    >& reset admin passowrd.

    See "How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305).

    --
    (tm)

Login Windows XP