Cyclical Redundancy Error

gamerguy1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
When trying to reinstall NWN2 I keep receiving the error-

"cyclical redundancy error" at the end of the installation, then the installation stops and the installation ends and does not finish. The game will not install on XP or Vista now.

Is this a DRM issue as I had to reinstall it after a Windows restore removed all my files and some folders from the game?

Thanks.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Sounds like a stuffed disk, crc error will usually happen when it cant read part of the data. Try copying the disk to your hard drive and re-running the install. If it doesnt copy your disk is dead. If it is a download you are trying then it may not have finished 100% so you can try re-downloading.

grlnxtdoor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
just try to reinstall again, sometimes it occurs when you trying to download and interruption during installation phase of whatever you try to install in your pc or sometimes the item or the application you download in other sites are already corrupted from the main source, just try another download sites or software and avoid interruptions...

gamerguy1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I ran a system restore and all my files were gone The game just wouldnt reinstall even with a fresh copy of Windows. I just began downloading a new copy (PC Gaming Industry should quit their whining).

I ordered the extened download service because i am constantly changing my systems' hardware and software. That BF2142 and BFME2 are the three games I play regularly.

Anyone know if extened download services are good for all games purchased or only for the one you order the service for?

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
"cyclical redundancy error" I had this problem once on my secondary internal Harddrive and was told that it was my harddrive telling me it was about to become a brick. I backed up as much as I could and a few months later it failed completely.