backup one computer to another

I have a notebook that I want to back up to a pc. I have a home network with
wireless and ethernet adapters on both computers. What's the fastest way to
copy my entire notebook (about 21 gigs) to my pc? Wireless? Ethernet? Is
there a way to connect the computers without going through my wireless
router? I'm running XP professional on both computers.

Jitel

Hi
I think the best way is Ethernet,
Connect the laptop ethernet port to the wireless router and connect the
desktop also to the same wireless router.By using your xp professional disk ,
u can make both the computers to join the same work group and share the
drives you want to copy.
I hope this works. .

"jitel" <jitel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a notebook that I want to back up to a pc. I have a home network
>with
> wireless and ethernet adapters on both computers. What's the fastest way
> copy my entire notebook (about 21 gigs) to my pc? Wireless? Ethernet?
> Is
> there a way to connect the computers without going through my wireless
> router? I'm running XP professional on both computers.
>
> Jitel

I do exactly that here using BackUP MyPC from stomp across the LAN.

http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

I used to have wireless b which was painfully slow so I'd take the laptop to
my office and plug it into the router. I upgraded to a "Super G" wireless
which is fast enough to make it reasonable to do over the wireless.

FWIW I do a full backup to one folder on an external USB drive hooked to the
desktop. Then I do rotating differential backups to two different folders on
the same drive.

Having a full backup on some third media like CD or DVD is a good idea too.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

HillBillyBuddhist wrote:

> "jitel" <jitel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have a notebook that I want to back up to a pc. I have a home network
>>with
>>wireless and ethernet adapters on both computers. What's the fastest way
>>copy my entire notebook (about 21 gigs) to my pc? Wireless? Ethernet?
>>Is
>>there a way to connect the computers without going through my wireless
>>router? I'm running XP professional on both computers.
>>
>>Jitel
>

> I do exactly that here using BackUP MyPC from stomp across the LAN.
>
> http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html
>
> I used to have wireless b which was painfully slow so I'd take the laptop to
> my office and plug it into the router. I upgraded to a "Super G" wireless
> which is fast enough to make it reasonable to do over the wireless.
>
> FWIW I do a full backup to one folder on an external USB drive hooked to the
> desktop. Then I do rotating differential backups to two different folders on
> the same drive.
>
> Having a full backup on some third media like CD or DVD is a good idea too.

And the DEMO on the Website ACTUALLY WORKS for 30 days..

Download it !!!

And u will like it So MUCH that u Will ACTUALLY BUY IT !!