Windows Xp... Frequent Crashes, plz help

ShapeShift

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

I just recently got Windows Xp Proffesional Edition, and it frequesntly
freezes and crashes on me. It says that there is always an error in
Run.Dll, and it ussually freezes when opening some things on my
computer, or trying to install programs, also, when installing Windows
Xp, it said it could not Copy a file called gm.dls ... is this file
important? could it be the reason my computer is working so badly? if
so plz help me, and tell me where I can aquire this driver... Thanks
alot -Mat- (oh, also, I can't change my screen resolution size, any
help on this would be great too)

--
shapeshift

Hi,

At a guess, I'd say you have some garbage installed on the system that is
causing the odd behavior. Use these to clear it out:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
place:
Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

--
Best of Luck,