help with windows xp

i need to figure out how and where to de frag with windows xp. i always run
windows 98 so i am xp stupid

"darrin's girl" <darrinsgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i need to figure out how and where to de frag with windows xp. i always run
>windows 98 so i am xp stupid

Just use Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk
Defragmenter.

Run it once a week if you are doing a lot of work with your computer.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Lou

hope this helps click start -all programmes -accessories -system tools -disk
fragment

"darrin's girl" wrote:

> i need to figure out how and where to de frag with windows xp. i always run
> windows 98 so i am xp stupid

Make your life easier, and drag shortcuts for Defrag and Disk Cleanup to
your desktop.
Start / Programs / Accessories / Double click to open System Tools as a
folder (not maximized).
Create shortcuts, then Show Desktop. Bring up System tools from the task
bar, and drag the shortcut icons to the deskktop.
Try it with Scheduled Tasks and System Restore, too.

"LOU" <LOU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hope this helps click start -all programmes -accessories -system
tools -disk
> fragment
>
> "darrin's girl" wrote:
>
> > i need to figure out how and where to de frag with windows xp. i always
run
> > windows 98 so i am xp stupid

darrin's girl wrote:
i am xp stupid

No you're not - you're just plain stupid. Windows XP has a help and support
centre - use it.

um tell me miss persicacia tick what gives you the damn right to tell someone
that they are "plain stupid". From a comment like that your shining friendly
personality really comes threw!!!
this is a "NEW USERS" newsgroup give ppl a break!!!!! This newsgroup is here
to help ppl no matter how big or small the question is.

and why are you here??? to put ppl down and make yourself feel better from a
screen or do you need help because i would suggest that if you need help go
use the help and support button :)

have a lovely day

these newsgroups and do without ignorant self centred personalities like
your own