Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
everytime i boot it keeps telling me i have a new cpu press F1 to go to setup press F2 to load defaults...i press F2 and the computer trys to load the os then reboots itself..i tried fooling with the setup and still no go. i'm going to try to update the bios i hope this works. i am running 9700 pro. 2 256 sticks corsair XMS ddr 433 and a intel 1.7 ghz 400fsb chip.

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
i updated bios and still says the same thing...
also says no drive attached to the fasttrak..no bios installed....
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bohica on 06/04/03 02:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
my cpu is locked at x17 and its a 1.7ghz so this means that the fsb is set at 100. is this a qdr 400 chip? fsb533 chips are 133?

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
ok i got by the cpu problem (bent 1 pin when inserting the cpu...ouch) with a lot of skill i surgically bent the 1 pin back and now i can get passed the new cpu msg. but now it won't boot into my OS.

run full bios defaults so nothing is overclocked ...i see the winxp screen for a brief moment then reboots on me.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bohica on 06/04/03 03:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OMG dude you are SO FUNNY! OK first of all that CPU isn't SUPPOSED to work on that board, so congratulations for getting the system up! Now, you can't just install a board like that in a WinXP system and expect Windows to load, because Microsoft blocked that in order to prevent people from doing drive coppies to other machines! What you have to do is, at minimum, reinstall the OS with the new copy replacing the original. This should keep your other programs working.

At worst you would have to format the drive and start over.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>