Fast User Switching Unable to switch back to acct once swi..

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
Switching.
3 answers Last reply
More about fast user switching unable switch back acct

    I don't know about the experiences of others, but my system also would
    show the black screen.....but after a bit it would switch. I upgraded my
    video card driver and the problem disappeared.

    "Ghostslider" wrote:

    > Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
    > switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
    > black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
    > to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
    > the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
    > Switching.

    Thank You...Thank You....Thank You DAN6996. That did the trick. I can now
    switch between user accounts without having the black screen. It was getting
    frustrating not being able to fix the problem. Thanks again.

    "DAN6996" wrote:

    > I don't know about the experiences of others, but my system also would
    > show the black screen.....but after a bit it would switch. I upgraded my
    > video card driver and the problem disappeared.
    >
    > "Ghostslider" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
    > > switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
    > > black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
    > > to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
    > > the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
    > > Switching.

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:11:02 -0800, "Ghostslider"
    <Ghostslider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
    >switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
    >black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
    >to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
    >the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
    >Switching.

    How old is your computer? Do you have any other problems? Have you
    tried decreasing the hardware acceleration found under
    Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot
    in control panel?

    Good Luck and happy computing,
    sf

Switch Microsoft Windows XP