Fast User Switching Unable to switch back to acct once swi..

March 31, 2005 11:11:02 PM

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
Switching.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:57:01 AM

I don't know about the experiences of others, but my system also would
show the black screen.....but after a bit it would switch. I upgraded my
video card driver and the problem disappeared.

"Ghostslider" wrote:

> Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
> switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
> black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
> to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
> the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
> Switching.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:47:09 AM

Thank You...Thank You....Thank You DAN6996. That did the trick. I can now
switch between user accounts without having the black screen. It was getting
frustrating not being able to fix the problem. Thanks again.

"DAN6996" wrote:

> I don't know about the experiences of others, but my system also would
> show the black screen.....but after a bit it would switch. I upgraded my
> video card driver and the problem disappeared.
>
> "Ghostslider" wrote:
>
> > Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
> > switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
> > black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
> > to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
> > the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
> > Switching.
April 3, 2005 3:07:42 AM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:11:02 -0800, "Ghostslider"
<Ghostslider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me but lately everytime I use fast user
>switching to switch from one account to another and then back the screen goes
>black and I am unable to switch back to the original user account. I have
>to reboot the computer. I can log off of one user account and then log onto
>the other user account but it defeats the whole purpose of Fast User
>Switching.

How old is your computer? Do you have any other problems? Have you
tried decreasing the hardware acceleration found under
Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot
in control panel?

Good Luck and happy computing,
sf
!