Mirror's Edge Terrible Performance

pcfreak101

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I just bought Mirror's Edge, and started playing it. The trouble is, on my 8600m GT, 256 mb GDDR3 card, at lowest settings, and at 1280x800 resolution, no AA or Physx, I am getting terrible framerates (15-25 fps) that are rendering the game almost unplayable. Judging by reports from others on the internet, this is well below what I should be getting. Also, there is horrible lag (sometimes up to 5 or 6 seconds) between what buttons and keys I press and what happens on the screen. I have Windows Vista 32 bit, 2 GB DDR2 ram, Core2Duo 2.00 Ghz. I have everything patched to the latest versions. Can anyone help me?

pcfreak101

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I forgot to point out another important detail which I find very curious. Even if I turn the resolution down all the way, the framerate does not improve at all.

chattdls

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Have you patched the game to the latest? If not try that then download latest driver from nvidia they was a problem with this in one of their drivers. I am currently using 185.68 I i think although I have no laptop, so not sure what yours should be. and when you go to upgrade drivers use driver sweeper to clean out anything left behind by the uninstall process. reinstall everything and it should be good to go. I least for me thats how it worked out.