Old windows games

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Floppy Disk
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 8, 2009 6:48:09 AM

ok so im dont remamber the name of an old windows game it was on an 5.25 floppy for like windows 3.1 or windows 95 but it was a drag raceing gam were u bought cars out of the newspaper and parts and u built it yyour self the took it out raceing. hope you can help

More about : windows games

June 8, 2009 2:08:47 PM

5.25" Floppy for a Windows game?

The 5.25" Floppy is going back some, the oldest PC ame Ive still got original media for is from 1988 and that came on 3.5" floppy. Ive got stuff on 5.25" (old unix and even older dos "office programmes") but that all predates windows 3.1 by a fair margin... Im sure by time 95 came out nothing "current" was being released on 5.25"

It makes things a little confusing as 5.25" floppies mostly predate windows 3.1 but most games of the 3.1 era were "dos" games rather than windows games. Windows 95 was where we first started seeing many games which actually ran under windows but by then the 5.25" floppy should have been obsolete already...

Cant help you with a name, but the windows 3.1 era was chock full of "shareware" games of all kinds. Was it a game you owned or one you played elsewhere? Just thinking if its a game you played at a friends house etc that it originally might have came on a 3.5" (possibly even on a magazine "covermount" and then been "installed" to a 5.25" I remember doing stuff like that to save disk space back when I used a 3.5" floppy drive as a: and a 5.25" as b: and a lovelly 20mb hard disk for c: :lol: 
March 24, 2013 1:38:30 PM

t_larson6 said:
ok so im dont remamber the name of an old windows game it was on an 5.25 floppy for like windows 3.1 or windows 95 but it was a drag raceing gam were u bought cars out of the newspaper and parts and u built it yyour self the took it out raceing. hope you can help

Street Rod! Awesome game, loved playing this when I was 7 or 8, can't remember exactly. Would switch between this game, Double Dragon, and Indianaoplis 500.

I found this forum trying to search for a different game I used to play, still can't find what it's called...

March 26, 2013 3:28:28 AM

Are you speaking about road rush
!