Another infrequent dabble in Necromancy

Look out, the sky is falling, Hammy is playing a necromancer!

For some unknown reason, the other day I started a bone necromancer, and have
been playing him daily, in between doing some magic find and tweaking my
frenzy barbarian. Quite fun so far. Airbone is currently level 66 and
halfway through act 1 hell. I decided to max Teeth just for fun, plus of
course it's a synergy anyway, so... Bone Spear is maxed, as is Bone Wall.
Bone Armour currently on has one hard point but is doing good things thanks to
all the points in Bone Wall. Bone Prison has no points in it so far.
Four points in the curses tree, to get Decrepify. No points in the summoning
tree.

I have enough Strength to use a pair of Marrowwalks (not that I have any right
now), and absolutely everything else in Vitality. Insight mercenary (Emilio,
of course)... kind of hard to run the mana ball dry (or heck, even make it
move) with him around. About 900 life at present, with minimal twinking of
charms.

An interesting diversion from my usual builds, just like the singer barbarian
has been recently, too.

In other news, Dalai is currently playing a Fireball throwing amazon. Funny
stuff.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Sounds like a fun build. I have some spare Marrowwalks in SC, if you add my
>HC account to your friends list (*misfitnz0) and catch me when I'm on you
>can have them if you like.

Thanks. I actually had that account in my list for a while, but you just
never ever seemed to be online when I was, so I removed it again.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Sounds like a fun build. I have some spare Marrowwalks in SC, if you add my
>HC account to your friends list (*misfitnz0) and catch me when I'm on you
>can have them if you like.

And another follow on... just when exactly do you play on battle.net?

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Cool, caught up. The other PC got dropped and it was only when I heard the
>'music' that I checked agd/agd with this one and found you. How's the new
>footwear? :)

I'll let you know in a day or two.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Cool, caught up. The other PC got dropped and it was only when I heard the
>'music' that I checked agd/agd with this one and found you. How's the new
>footwear? :)

Airbone's Bone Spear damage underwent a significant increase once he put the
new booties on, so he's happy as Larry, whoever he is. :)

--
Rakanishu!

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Airbone's Bone Spear damage underwent a significant increase once he
>> put the new booties on, so he's happy as Larry, whoever he is. :)

>Excellent. Who is Larry? Seriously, I need to know now.

A Lounge Lizard of some kind, I think. Probably why he was so happy.

--
Rakanishu!

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~"
> <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>> Airbone's Bone Spear damage underwent a significant increase once he
>>> put the new booties on, so he's happy as Larry, whoever he is. :)
>
>>Excellent. Who is Larry? Seriously, I need to know now.
>
> A Lounge Lizard of some kind, I think. Probably why he was so happy.

Thought that was Vic, the Lounge Lizard that is. Maybe Larry is his cousin?
;)

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>>> Excellent. Who is Larry? Seriously, I need to know now.
>
>> A Lounge Lizard of some kind, I think. Probably why he was so happy.

>Or some type of addict with an endless supply of his substance. :)

Well, skellimancers have an endless supply of corpses, so maybe that's what he
is.

And how's skellimancer build #8406 going, by the way?

--
Rakanishu!

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>I had me a "Woot!!" moment last night, ony to be followed by a "ah heck!"
>moment. I had started a hell MF game and went to the stoney field to get my
>army ('cause I missed the cold plains WP) and a pack of uniques attacked
>when I had half my skellies. I killed them, pushed <alt> and there on the
>ground was a golden shako!!! By far my best find in HC. I just picked it up,
>carried on getting my army, then went to Cain, then to my stash to change.
>The "ah heck!" moment? It's ethereal! The first eth Harley I've seen. 7 of 7
>durability. I'm using it as I hardly get hit. However I *do* get hit from
>time to time so it won't last forever. When it shows up as in need of repair
>I guess my (might) merc can have it, although he's currently wearing
>Stealskull which is his only source of life-leech. (Insight polearm, necro
>has base En. but can still spam bone spirit or CE).

I agree, it's great. The first four developed characters on my current play
account all have a mercenary with Insight.

>Shame, the Harley takes my life to well over 1,100 HP and makes my skellies
>a *lot* tougher. I don't have a lot of +skills as I'm item-poor in HC and
>need to maintain resists and MF %age as I'm trying to overcome the
>'item-poor' part. The Harley, having +2 skills and 74% MF (Ptopazed) as well
>as +life/mana is just what the doctor ordered. Just my luck that it's eth.

Hehe. An eth harly is still a lot better than no harly. Good find.

>BTW, those booties I gave you....... Does it matter to you if they are +1 or
>+2 to SM? If you're summoning that's fine as they came off a semi-retired
>character. However, if you're not summoning can I swap you for a +1 pair? I
>finally found my spares and they are only +1. NP if you prefer the +2s as I
>hardly play SC anymore anyway and that guy, being lvl 92, is mainly only
>used for gambling and crafting (if I ever get around to it) although I do
>take him for a spin now and then.

Indeed a +1 pair would do just fine as I have no summoning skills.

--
Rakanishu!

TRENDING THREADS